Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Been doing that for 69+ years. Why change horses mid-stream?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2022 at 10:15 AM, Bapu said:

Been doing that for 69+ years. Why change horses mid-stream?

Geronimo did it.

  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My posted excerpt was an interpretation of the message of being useless lifted from this link telling the classic story about The Useless Tree

image-asset.jpeg?format=750w

 

https://ando.life/journal/the-useless-tree

What is it to be useless?

It is to be empty, free of striving to become something, to be anything special, without goal or attainment.

To be useless is simply to relax, rest at ease, and allow our true nature to express itself in a simple, easy way.

There is nothing to do, nothing to be, and nothing to attain.

I'm nothing special. 

You're nothing special.

Everything we can perceive is impermanent, in the flow of life, constantly changing.

If we free ourselves of goals and attainments, to truly let go of any wish to be a certain way, or to posess certain things or attributes, leaving everything alone, then we are truly Free.

Without limit.

Unbound and unbounded.

This is true rest. 

To be completely and utterly useless. 

Like the tree.

Life takes care of everything else.

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we are wired to be better at some things than other things. 

If we are wired to do something we will want to do it. 

If we are wired to do it, it has a purpose.

If it has a purpose it was intended for the greater good.

Flowers are blind, this doesn't diminish their beauty to others.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

I think we are wired to be better at some things than other things. 

If we are wired to do something we will want to do it. 

If we are wired to do it, it has a purpose.

If it has a purpose it was intended for the greater good.

Flowers are blind, this doesn't diminish their beauty to others.

 

 

 

So, the goal is to become unwired, ya? 🤔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, craigb said:

So, the goal is to become unwired, ya? 🤔

 

I should probably cut down on the amount of coffee I drink

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RobertWS said:

 

I should probably cut down on the amount of coffee I drink

Good observation!!

3 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

Me too.

But I doubt either of us will.

I love my coffee!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

Lets drink a coffee in honor of drinking coffee!!!!

 

In the coffee house!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

What is it to be useless?

It is to be empty, free of striving to become something, to be anything special, without goal or attainment.

To be useless is simply to relax, rest at ease, and allow our true nature to express itself in a simple, easy way.

There is nothing to do, nothing to be, and nothing to attain.

I'm nothing special. 

You're nothing special.

Everything we can perceive is impermanent, in the flow of life, constantly changing.

If we free ourselves of goals and attainments, to truly let go of any wish to be a certain way, or to posess certain things or attributes, leaving everything alone, then we are truly Free.

Without limit.

Unbound and unbounded.

This is true rest. 

To be completely and utterly useless. 

Like the tree.

Life takes care of everything else.

Kenny

 What a nice poem your are posting , Kenny , thank you.

It is enough  to be , because then I`m not bound to be useless when accidentily being usefull.

 

Edited by Pragi
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True story:

Mrs. Notes came from a family of 8 - 4 girls & 4 boys (I got pick of the litter BTW).

When they were young, the boys had a running gag by putting "ness" at the end of words. So if you were being fruity, you exhibited fruit-ness. If you were sad, you were suffering from blue-ness. Studying hard for finals gave you a case of burnout-ness

Little sister Lisa was an athlete and her nickname was "Pea"

So one day, at a ball game, she was up at bat, and without thinking, the 4 boys shouted and repeated, "Give them some Pea-Ness"

Then they realized the pun and it got even funnier.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always remember an over-the-line softball team called the Nads.  Their wives dressed up as cheerleaders and would yell "Go Nads!  Go Nads!"  😆

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...