Jump to content
MusicMan

Audio Assault - Happy 5 de Mayo! $5.99 Everything except for Reamp which is $15.99!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Audio Assault 

Happy 5 de Mayo!

Discounts Up To 90% Off for only 24 hours!

You can Get:

  • ReAmp Studio for only $15.99
  • Sigma for only $5.99
  • AHM 5050 for only $5.99
  • Mix tools from $5.99
  • IR Packs for only $5.00

And many, many more deals!

https://audioassault.mx/collections/plugins

Valid until May 6th 23:59 HRS CTM so not long to go.

Orders Over $50 gets an extra 30% Off using the code: THIRTY

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I found out from support that currently, the following are M1 native:

  • Sigma
  • RVXX
  • Shibalba
  • Duality Bass Studio
  • iQ505
Edited by ALC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a heck of a deal!  You can get Reamp Studio and all of the guitar amps 
for $36 with the code!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, cclarry said:

That's a heck of a deal!  You can get Reamp Studio and all of the guitar amps 
for $36 with the code!

Agreed. I don't believe I've ever seen it that cheap! I did pay a bit more when I picked it up, but still happy with the price I paid and having it to use all this time 🙂

I think a lot of people skip over these guys as they do have some very cheap offers so they don't expect quality, but they're actually quite reasonable.

I just picked up Hellbeast and once Ive run it through some EQ, a pre and a channel strip, it holds up quite well against some of my NeuralDSP Sims.. which is pretty crazy considering the price difference!

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, cclarry said:

That's a heck of a deal!  You can get Reamp Studio and all of the guitar amps 
for $36 with the code!

Hmm.. I'm seeing $41.25 and that's with code and already owning a couple...
Not that that is still not a great deal.

Edited by TheSteven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Hmm.. I'm seeing $41.25 and that's with code and already owning a couple...
Not that that is still not a great deal.

I didn't include the Bass Amp....ONLY "Guitar Amps"

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

How those compared to Amplitube, Softube amps, PA amps, etc.?

Here’s a review:

https://guitarandbassplugins.com/reviews/audio-assault-sigma/

“Audio Assault is stepping up their game once again! It’s solid, don’t let the price fool you, it may be affordable but it’s a great option for anyone looking for a great guitar tone with options for tone shaping. It stands up to more premium plugins, and is very flexible for use with external plugins. So don’t wait, go download the trial and give it a try, hear it for yourself!”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cclarry said:

That's a heck of a deal!  You can get Reamp Studio and all of the guitar amps 
for $36 with the code!

How did you go about selecting them? IoW, what amps are on sale that doesn't come with ReAmp?

 

Isn't this the old PV amp sim?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's what' in my cart.

Sigma      $5.99

Hellbeast     $5.99
 
Bulldog    $5.99

AHM5050    $5.99

IQ505    $5.99

RVXX    $5.99

ReAmp Studio
1    $15.99

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Grem said:

Isn't this the old PV amp sim?

No, that one was ReValver (now owned by AMR).

Edited by ALC
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

How those compared to Amplitube, Softube amps, PA amps, etc.?

I'd run a trial.  I don't think they are on the level of those personally but they do offer some variety and different sounds.  The price of course is considerably less.  I grabbed a couple at 5.99 

 

(and I did grab a large percentage of their IRs for use with both their amp sims and others).   I find their amp sims don't have the best dynamic touch response, seem a little flat - non-3D, and are compressed with some fizzy top end.  But this will all depend on how sensitive you are to such things.  I'm not a metal player (since my teenage years) so most of these amps are not really targeted to my style.  The interface is nice and with tweaking and outboard effects I got some usable things out of them - fun to mess around and compare for the price.  

re-amp studio has lots of amps, but most say they are below the quality of the stand alone amps they offer (my comparison above is in reference to the stand alone offerings) I passed on re-amp.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

ReAmp is a suite like AmpliTube and Softube Amp Room.

AmpliTube, Amp Room, and the PA amps try to emulate the controls of the original whereas ReAmp doesn’t (all the amps have the same bass, mid, treble, and presence controls whether the originals have it or not).

I suspect that ReAmp is profiled rather than modeled (circuit simulation) since it covers so many amps.

I think the AA standalone amps have the same controls as the amps they’re based on like the Blackstar/Blacksun amp sim.

At least their standalone amps are mostly sims of less common amps.

Note: I have Grind Machine II, ReAmp Studio, and Blacksun.  I’m mainly interested in low to mid gain amps so haven’t paid attention to most of the standalone amps.

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I caved and got ReAmp Studio.  I don't remember if I demoed GMII or ReAmp Studio when it came out.

But ran the demo (again) and though many of the amps are just throw aways that I'd never use.  There are some surprisingly decent options in such a cheap package, including some low or mid gain options.

The very low CPU usage pushed me to the purchase.  This is one of those that you need to demo to see if the "good amps" are the ones you are interested in.  And don't be afraid to try some brands you might have zero interest in the real world...use your ears and do a lot of tweaking and you might find something rather usable.  

No way I'd pay retail on this one, but at $16 for all the options it does have and low CPU usage - I'm going to suggest it was worth it.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I caved and got ReAmp Studio.  I don't remember if I demoed GMII or ReAmp Studio when it came out.

But ran the demo (again) and though many of the amps are just throw aways that I'd never use.  There are some surprisingly decent options in such a cheap package, including some low or mid gain options.

The very low CPU usage pushed me to the purchase.  This is one of those that you need to demo to see if the "good amps" are the ones you are interested in.  And don't be afraid to try some brands you might have zero interest in the real world...use your ears and do a lot of tweaking and you might find something rather usable.  

No way I'd pay retail on this one, but at $16 for all the options it does have and low CPU usage - I'm going to suggest it was worth it.

Great to hear Brian and I was meaning to jump in and comment on your earlier post about that.

You can get some really nice tones out of ReAmp and I'm glad to have it as an option. I'd say almost entirely avoid the presets and things are better, so it does take a bit more experimenting and exploring the options. I wouldn't rate all of the amps and options in there, but there are definitely some nice ones that to me made it worth it.

I would also agree that they do tend to suit heavier styles more in general. You can get really nice cleans and things in between, but you can tell that's the area they focus more on.

The effects aren't terrible either. It's pretty great for the sale price and just as another option. Sometimes just using another guitar sim, synth, or whatever leads to something else coming out musically, so for the creativity boost alone it's worth it 🙂

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MusicMan said:

Great to hear Brian and I was meaning to jump in and comment on your earlier post about that.

You can get some really nice tones out of ReAmp and I'm glad to have it as an option. I'd say almost entirely avoid the presets and things are better, so it does take a bit more experimenting and exploring the options. I wouldn't rate all of the amps and options in there, but there are definitely some nice ones that to me made it worth it.

I would also agree that they do tend to suit heavier styles more in general. You can get really nice cleans and things in between, but you can tell that's the area they focus more on.

The effects aren't terrible either. It's pretty great for the sale price and just as another option. Sometimes just using another guitar sim, synth, or whatever leads to something else coming out musically, so for the creativity boost alone it's worth it 🙂

 

I haven't figured out why but so many modeler presets fail to provide a good impression.  I never seem to use them, where a real amp (a great one anyway). Once setup can run a number of guitars through and get something usable without touching much of anything.  

Audio Assault was wise to rebrand it from the Grind Machine name.  It is nice they found a niche with a genre (metal) but they are capable of more and calling it ReAmp feels less pigeonholed even if the primary focus is high gain monsters.

I think this thing would get more attention if there were more non-metal demos showcasing what you can do with it.  Especially given the price point and small footprint compared to other amp suites on the market.  

Curious what price point the Melda Turbo amp will come in at that has been in beta for about a year now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2022 at 11:51 PM, Brian Walton said:

I find their amp sims don't have the best dynamic touch response, seem a little flat

I agree to this statement with regard to the new amps. The older amps like Dominator are better in respect to dynamics IMO.

5 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I haven't figured out why but so many modeler presets fail to provide a good impression.

I absolutely agree! But like you I use an amp simulation more like a real amp, i.e. I set up manually by using the controls and not the presets.

Generally I have the impression that factory presets for amps are not worth a lot, because the gain and response of each guitar is quite unique. Thus the presets may not match. It is even worse if you use a real stomp for the recording!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I haven't figured out why but so many modeler presets fail to provide a good impression.  I never seem to use them, where a real amp (a great one anyway). Once setup can run a number of guitars through and get something usable without touching much of anything.  

 

5 hours ago, marled said:

Generally I have the impression that factory presets for amps are not worth a lot, because the gain and response of each guitar is quite unique. Thus the presets may not match. It is even worse if you use a real stomp for the recording!

The guitar pickup  type (single coil vs humbucker) matters which is to be expected.  I found that the input level to be the biggest factor for me.  For the Nembrini amps, once I lowered the input by -15 dB (!!!), the presets actually sounded in the ballpark.  The clean presets were clean and the dirty were dirty.  The descriptions actually matched now (when they didn't before).  This is with a Presonus Audiobox 96 with the input level turned to 0.  On my MOTU M4, the level I need to use is different.  I use the Nembrini noise gate and lower the output before feeding the sim (when testing a bunch of amp sims at the time, I put this on input channel).  So the key is to figure out the input level each amp sim is expecting.

TH-U has a handy input level meter that tells you to play your guitar as hard as you can so you can use that to calibrate but most of the other amp sims leave you guessing.

Anyhow, try adjusting the input level so that the presets sound correct.  It may surprise you.

Edited by ALC
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ALC said:

 

The guitar pickup  type (single coil vs humbucker) matters which is to be expected.  I found that the input level to be the biggest factor for me.  For the Nembrini amps, once I lowered the input by -15 dB (!!!), the presets actually sounded in the ballpark.  The clean presets were clean and the dirty were dirty.  The descriptions actually matched now (when they didn't before).  This is with a Presonus Audiobox 96 with the input level turned to 0.  On my MOTU M4, the level I need to use is different.  I use the Nembrini noise gate and lower the output before feeding the sim (when testing a bunch of amp sims at the time, I put this on input channel).  So the key is to figure out the input level each amp sim is expecting.

TH-U has a handy input level meter that tells you to play your guitar as hard as you can so you can use that to calibrate but most of the other amp sims leave you guessing.

Anyhow, try adjusting the input level so that the presets sound correct.  It may surprise you.

It isn't just input or impedance matching (or pickup types - I own a few guitars), my issue with presets are well beyond these things - they just don't sound good.

When I plugin to a well designed real world amp - I can get good tone out of a Strat, LesPaul, SG, or ES-335 with minimal fuss - the same isn't true for these presets (even if you standardize the input.  

 

But you are correct that how you hit the input on guitar sims is of utmost importance to make them usable (irrespective of presets)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2022 at 11:51 PM, Brian Walton said:

 I find their amp sims don't have the best dynamic touch response, seem a little flat - non-3D, and are compressed with some fizzy top end. 

Did you also tried their new Shibalba amp?  This is  the first one from AA where IMHO the touch response and "playing feel" are similar to e.g. Brainworx amps (Friedmans or Suhrs). I'm driving Shibalba's lead channel with NA Clon Minotaur and using York Audio ORNG  IR.  Very nice result so I'm looking forward to see $10 price tag in the near future. That's my Audio Assault hunt territory :)

Edited by filo
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...