Sign in to follow this  
David Sprouse

The Gift...

Nice piece, the plucked strings sound a little constrained, perhaps a tad more reverb on them to let them breath a little, but what do i know.

• Thanks 1

I liked what you have here - but I think it needs further development - I enjoyed it while it lasted, but a bit short in length.

1 hour ago, Douglas Kirby said:

I liked what you have here - but I think it needs further development - I enjoyed it while it lasted, but a bit short in length.

Thank you Douglas!  I made it short in order to give the listener back his time.  The shorter the piece, the better reviews I get. :D:D

On 5/5/2022 at 1:27 AM, Wookiee said:

Nice piece, the plucked strings sound a little constrained, perhaps a tad more reverb on them to let them breath a little, but what do i know.

Thanks wookie.  The plucked strings are actually an instrument called a wassolou balafon.  I drenched it in reverb because of the video, in the cavern.   

40 minutes ago, David Sprouse said:

Thanks wookie.  The plucked strings are actually an instrument called a wassolou balafon.  I drenched it in reverb because of the video, in the cavern.   

See I told you what do I know 😎

Hi David

I eagerly clicked on this thinking you'd done a cover of the Velvet Underground track, but no, something equally as appealing  and all your own !! I really enjoyed it, could have been a bit longer but still enjoyed it

Thanks

Nigel

On 5/9/2022 at 8:50 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Hi David

I eagerly clicked on this thinking you'd done a cover of the Velvet Underground track, but no, something equally as appealing  and all your own !! I really enjoyed it, could have been a bit longer but still enjoyed it

Thanks

Nigel

Nigel, I listend to the velvet underground's *the gift* .  I only wish I could wite such nuanced lyrics.  Thank you for finding the time to listen to my  ditty.

On 5/9/2022 at 9:00 AM, DeeringAmps said:

👍’s!

Been working on some “shorts” so I get it…

t

🤙

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I like the motif & minimal but effective use of orchestration. Enjoyed it.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry

nicely realized soundscape/capture of moments piece....everything you have in the song fits perfectly and compliments the other parts well....enjoyed listening 🎶🦜🦚🎶