Jump to content
cclarry

Arobas Announce Guitar Pro 8

Recommended Posts

Guitar Pro 8 music notation software brings amazing new features for both learning and playing music.

GP8 now features an audio track that allows one to add audio to the score for a quick & easy transcription. This feature includes time stretching, tempo, tone and many other adjustments, allowing you to perfectly synchronize your audio track to your score.

This version also includes new score editing features such as nested tuplets, an improved command palette and design mode layout, new transposition tools, a new focus mode, and many other cool improvements...

A new pedal board is available for audio tracks as well as, improved sound banks and Drum Mix features.

Guitar Pro 8 globally includes many GUI and workflow improvements. It is by far, the most stable and accomplished version of Guitar Pro ever made by the creative Arobas Music developers.

Guitar Pro 8 is available now for ONLY $67 (LIST $75).

https://www.guitar-pro.com/download-guitar-pro

  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upgrade €24.50  🙂

available until 31 July, 2022

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upgraded from v7.6 to v8.0. A couple of notes:

1) v8 installed in the 64-bit directory (c:/program files/). v7 was installed in the 32-bit directory (c:/program files (x86)). So, v7 remained installed with its own sound library.

2) v8 loads a LOT faster. Could be its 64-bit code. Don't know, but it's a lot faster.

3) v8 did not pick up my login credentials to MySongBook, so I had to log in again from v8. No biggie.

4) Uninstalling v7 had no negative impact on the v8 installation.

5) FWIW, v8 has an updated icon in the newer flat style.

I haven't had a chance to play with v8 yet, so that's about it for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, John Maar said:

Upgraded from v7.6 to v8.0. A couple of notes...

I hope they at least improved their soundbanks. Most of them were kinda of shitty, and some were out of tune.

Don't get me wrong. I love Powertab and Guitar Pro.

In Guitar Pro you could edit a txt file so you could use ur samples, I think version 4 was the last version you could do so.

Also I don't get why they didn't imolemented finally the ability to load vst so you could use your own instruments.

Or let us load GP as a vst in a DAW.

Edited by Last Call

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Last Call said:

I hope they at least improved their soundbanks. Most of them were kinda of shitty, and some were out of tune.

...

From the bottom of the "What's New" page:

The accuracy and dynamics of the soundbanks have been corrected and improved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, John Maar said:

From the bottom of the "What's New" page:

The accuracy and dynamics of the soundbanks have been corrected and improved.

Have you had the chance to play with it yet? So you can confirm this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Last Call said:

Have you had the chance to play with it yet? So you can confirm this?

I've tried it. Yes, it sounds better than v7. 

One of the best features of the new GP is audio file support and ability to sync it with the score. We've implemented this feature in MagicScore SongWriter  back in 2014, hoping to beat GP and gain a larger user base. Didn't work out for non-business related reasons.  Anyway,  I'm glad that GP8 now allows users to embed audio and listen to proper performance which is hard to copy even with the gamut of sophisticated features found in the editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, StopWar said:

I've tried it. Yes, it sounds better than v7. 

One of the best features of the new GP is audio file support and ability to sync it with the score. We've implemented this feature in MagicScore SongWriter  back in 2014, hoping to beat GP and gain a larger user base. Didn't work out for non-business related reasons.  Anyway,  I'm glad that GP8 now allows users to embed audio and listen to proper performance which is hard to copy even with the gamut of sophisticated features found in the editor.

Awesome.

Now if only Arobas considered my insight and could implement it.

Imagine using GP 8.5 within Reaper or Cubase or Logic Pro, so we can use our instruments (even if they updated the soundbanks).
I love GP to compose, so easy and fluid. 💖
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...