Jump to content
cclarry

IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

Recommended Posts

500.

At the current rate, it looks like it is headed for ~2500 participants so 28 synths for the price of one. Of course, previous GBs have shown us that you really can't predict how it is going to go in the end. IKM may even extend the GB if the target is not reached in 30 days. All that to say, anything can happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2022 at 8:23 AM, Fleer said:

Hey, Peter, leave them sets alone! ;)

 

On 4/24/2022 at 6:59 PM, Fleer said:

I’ll jump in if we can get ‘em all. 
 

 

 

 

I know. I know. 

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!  Funny this applies to both of your posts :D

On 4/25/2022 at 6:10 AM, John Maar said:

Now that I understand that I need to repurchase v1 synths to get v2 capabilities, and that reaching the max via the Group Buy seems unlikely, it seems to me that I'd be better off  buying v2 MAX for $149 (the cost of 3 synths).

Unlikely? We've been crossing a new tier almost daily and I can't recall a group buy that didn't go the distance.  But I'll take $149 over $50 any day... I kid, I kid.

23 hours ago, User 905133 said:

BTW, a few weeks ago I started creating expanded presets to take advantage of these new features (just a few test presets-in-progress so far).  That's why I have been optimistic about the potential for Syntronik 2.   I had been planning on finding a way to share them. More recently, though I have been kind of hoping IK creates a community for sharing Syntronik 2 presets like they have with their ToneNet community sharing system for Amplitube 5 presets.

But, if IK isn't interested, to me that doesn't mean that other SYN2 users couldn't share presets elsewhere.  Does anyone know if  (or have thought on whether or not)  that would violate the IK agreement? 

If a preset doesn't share sound files/samples/etc it should be more than fine.  And yes, some of us here are pushing for ToneNET for every logical product outside of AmpliTube 5.  I'm with you on that front, 100%.

20 hours ago, David Baay said:

Looks like the GB is well on it's way to 10 freebies needed to get all 11 new instruments so I'm in now for the princely sum of $35 plus 15 JamPoints. Should have been able to use 16 but for some reason it only allowed 15. I demand to speak with the manager of this corrupt enterprise immediately if not sooner!!!

49.99 x 0.3 = 14.997 which rounds up to 15 :)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

49.99 x 0.3 = 14.997 which rounds up to 15

Indeed. I was mistakenly thinking the limit was 1/3 rather than 30%.  Tune in next week for another episode of Stoopid User Tricks. ;^) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, David Baay said:

I was mistakenly thinking the limit was 1/3 rather than 30%.

I hated doing fraction conversions in math class... worse than metric conversions, or Fahrenheit to Celsius, LOL! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

But I'll take $149 over $50 any day... I kid, I kid.

I'd advise to wait on pulling the trigger on Max until we sees how far the GB goes... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, abacab said:

I hated doing fraction conversions in math class... worse than metric conversions, or Fahrenheit to Celsius, LOL! :)

The trick to metric conversions is... Only using metric! 😎

  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  

2 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:
On 4/25/2022 at 12:36 PM, User 905133 said:

BTW, a few weeks ago I started creating expanded presets to take advantage of these new features (just a few test presets-in-progress so far).  That's why I have been optimistic about the potential for Syntronik 2.   I had been planning on finding a way to share them. More recently, though I have been kind of hoping IK creates a community for sharing Syntronik 2 presets like they have with their ToneNet community sharing system for Amplitube 5 presets.

But, if IK isn't interested, to me that doesn't mean that other SYN2 users couldn't share presets elsewhere.  Does anyone know if  (or have thought on whether or not)  that would violate the IK agreement? 

If a preset doesn't share sound files/samples/etc it should be more than fine.  And yes, some of us here are pushing for ToneNET for every logical product outside of AmpliTube 5.  I'm with you on that front, 100%.

TY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, David Baay said:

Indeed. I was mistakenly thinking the limit was 1/3 rather than 30%.  Tune in next week for another episode of Stoopid User Tricks. ;^) 

33% isn't a bad idea, though...  Nice for Larry Bird fans, too.

13 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

  

TY

YW.  I think Syntronik, MixBox, and T-RackS would fit VERY well into the ToneNET ecosystem.

  • Great Idea 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

YW.  I think Syntronik, MixBox, and T-RackS would fit VERY well into the ToneNET ecosystem.

+1

A suggestion I have that would make ToneNET even more useful would be to add specific gear to the search criteria, so I can filter on presets that use a particular pedal, amp, cab, or rack module.

Edited by ALC
Fix verbiage
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey...I know I'm very late to the party...but I own Syntronik and Syntronik 2 CS...will all these extra synths work in either or both of these??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Steve Patrick said:

Hey...I know I'm very late to the party...but I own Syntronik and Syntronik 2 CS...will all these extra synths work in either or both of these??

 

Syntronik 2 Synths will NOT work in Syntronik 1, and Syntronk 1 Synths will work in Syntronik 2,
but will not be updated to version 2 samples or functionality, and will not be "editable" via the new "Edit" button. 
Any Syntronik synths bought now are Version 2, and will work as advertised in the Custom Shop.

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Syntronik 2 Synths will NOT work in Syntronik 1, and Syntronk 1 Synths will work in Syntronik 2,
but will not be updated to version 2 samples or functionality, and will not be "editable".  Any Syntronik synths bought
now are Version 2, and will work as advertised in the Custom Shop.

To expand on what cclarry said, legacy presets for S1 synths are just as editable in Syntronik 2 as they were in Syntronik 1, ie you can still bring up the instrument interface and tweek parameters. What you cannot do is use the new Edit button which is used to edit the new S2 features. This confused me at first. To confuse things further, upgraded S1 synths have additional S2 presets which can use the new S2 features.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

To expand on what cclarry said, S1 synths are just as editable in Syntronik 2 as they were in Syntronik 1, ie you can still bring up the instrument interface and tweek parameters. What you cannot do is use the new Edit button which is used to edit the new S2 features. This confused me at first.

Thanx Doug!  I edited my post to make the a little clearer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Steve Patrick said:

I own Syntronik and Syntronik 2 CS...will all these extra synths work in either or both of these??

Simply put as possible, yes all these new synths will work in Syntronik 2 CS. :)

Syntronik 1 synths will load in as well, but only the legacy features will be available for them. Same as they always were!

If you are still confused, it's all Peter's fault! 🤣

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did someone say something about confusion?  Well here's something else to consider--from the manual, for those who have access to it  😉 :  

Quote

All of the Wave Sets of Syntronik 1 – the actual multisample sets of Syntronik 1 – are included in the Wave Set Browser and can be loaded into new Syntronik 2 presets.  [emphasis added]

I have not made the time to try reconstructing any Syntronik 1 presets into the Syntronik 2 format (nor do I intend to**), but this quote from section 5.1.1 – "The Edit Panel and Legacy Syntronik 1 Preset" seems to suggest to me that it can be done.  I  mean, if the Wave Sets used in SYN presets can be loaded into new SYN2 presets, why wouldn't it be possible? 

**Maybe there's still a chance IK will recompile the SYN presets so they work as SYN2 presets?  But maybe that is in the plans for Syntronik 2.5 or 3 along with additional edit panels, etc.? 

NOTE: Beyond the actual quote, this is all pure speculation on my part.  JMO: Nothing here should be used to decide whether or not participation in  SYN2GB meets anyone's current needs.  As for me, I am still on the fence: Impulsively, the new Instruments are saying, "GO FOR IT! You know you really want us!!!!" On the other hand . . . .  😜 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I have not made the time to try reconstructing any Syntronik 1 presets into the Syntronik 2 format (nor do I intend to**), but this quote from section 5.1.1 – "The Edit Panel and Legacy Syntronik 1 Preset" seems to suggest to me that it can be done.  I  mean, if the Wave Sets used in SYN presets can be loaded into new SYN2 presets, why wouldn't it be possible? 

Maybe because additional wave sets don't exist for the original  v1 instruments to facilitate re-creating them as pseudo v2 instruments with multi wave sets. I'm guessing that when a v2 instrument is created by IK, that process is enabled by producing additional new wave sets for it.

But it would still be cool if the original v1 wave sets are available to load into Syntronik 2 presets! More options! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone picked up the Syner-V synth, can you do ma a favor and check to see if the installer actually installed Parts 1 and 2?  

I only have parts 3-6 in the IK Product Manager folder which also means that any preset below the letter "F" is missing and I get errors trying to open.  I've reinstalled twice and it's no different.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...