Jump to content
cclarry

IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Were you able to download the Zip file with all the multis?

No. That's what I am trying to find.  The set of 30 that came with Syntronik 2 Full are in a zip file. I have looked everywhere I can think of for a different zip file that has the full set.  Any ideas where they might be?  

By any chance did they put it in with Syntronik 2 CS?  I cannot find them in SE or Full and CS has expired.

I am trying to reinstall Syntronik 2 from the Product Manager now.  Maybe that will give me the full set of Multis.  DONE.

Now trying to reinstall all the Syntronik Sounds (that haven't expired yet) using the Product Manager.  

After that is done (in several hours days) I will find out if it was a mistake to start with CS, then get SE, then Full, and then get into the SYN2GB.  😞

Edited by User 905133
to change hours to days; I have to re-download everything. :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

No. That's what I am trying to find.  The set of 30 that came with Syntronik 2 Full are in a zip file. I have looked everywhere I can think of for a different zip file that has the full set.  Any ideas where they might be?  

By any chance did they put it in with Syntronik 2 CS?  I cannot find them in SE or Full and CS has expired.

I am trying to reinstall Syntronik 2 from the Product Manager now.  Maybe that will give me the full set of Multis.  DONE.

Now trying to reinstall all the Syntronik Sounds (that haven't expired yet) using the Product Manager.  

After that is done (in several hours) I will find out if it was a mistake to start with CS, then get SE, then Full, and then get into the SYN2GB.  😞

Try in your products area on the website

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/

 

image.png.524012be34786bf9f4419959c2fa79c8.pngimage.png.1b80b6cf69f54fa7a655c312e373f1eb.png

  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After installing the multis they all seem to be dated 2017! Are these the new ones - seems unlikely. Perhaps the new ones have been extracted elsewhere on the PC by the Product Manager but I can't imagine where!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Release said:

Wow, is it really that hard to download each one?  Enough to ask for a friggin' refund?  Really?  How lazy and entitled have people become?  Just do the work, it's the SAME THING as Max.  Jeez.

Honeslty I just spent like 20 minutes simply registering all of them as the free bonus product.  Downloading 33 synths at a total of 200 GB individually is not something I'm personally looking forward to.

 

I'm not really complaining about it, but the website did seem to suggest 2 MAX would be provided if they hit the top tier.  I honestly wonder why they don't just add it to everyones account that bought in during the GB period.  Seems like the easiest thing to do for the company and the customer.  

  • Great Idea 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, User 905133 said:

Again, I hope this is not a reply to me based on my recent posts.  And once more, I encourage you to delete these insults.

I'm sure it was directed at me, not you. And if it is, it's fine by me, everyone here can have their own opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Where are people finding the full set of multis?  All I can find is the set of 30 that came with Syntronik 2 Full.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

  Where are people finding the full set of multis?  All I can find is the set of 30 that came with Syntronik 2 Full.

I hope I don't have to de-authorize CS, SE, and Full, remove all the content, and start all over installing all 33 Instruments one-by-one using the Product Manager.  That would also require deleting tons of Syntronik files from my PC and still risk not getting the multis.  😞 

Before doing something such involved, I suggest you drop a line to IK support. I am sure they will help you to achieve your goal the simplest way possible.

  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Try in your products area on the website

Thanks for the images, Brian. I looked all around the My Products Page several more times in all sorts of places where it might have been hidden.  

39 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Before doing something such involved, I suggest you drop a line to IK support. I am sure they will help you to achieve your goal the simplest way possible.

Thanks for the suggestion, Jacques. Product Manager is now up to File 18 of 77, so I might as well let it finish.  That way if they suggest using Product Manager, I will have already tried it. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I looked all around the My Products Page several more times in all sorts of places where it might have been hidden. 

You need to select from the last promo in your promotions list (#32) to trigger the addition of the multis to your account.

Peter posted this earlier today:

 

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, abacab said:

You need to select from the last promo in your promotions list (#32) to trigger the addition of the multis to your account.

Thanks, abacab. I was just about to go though my promos and put duplicates/triplicates in to fill up all the slots to see if that would work.  I think I saw this earlier but didn't realize Peter was saying we need to choose all 32 promotions before the Multis would be added to My Products.

8 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

You have to choose your free product from the last tier option, to receive the Multis.

PHEW!!!!! That's a lot of clicking and scrolling and rolling!!!!!!  But it did indeed add the SYN2_MAX_Multis my User Area.  Thanks for all the tips.

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

PHEW!!!!! That's a lot of clicking and scrolling and rolling!!!!!!  But it did indeed add the SYN2_MAX_Multis my User Area.  Thanks for all the tips.

Glad you found them!

Just make sure that you have have fully installed all of the synths and presets before you attempt to load the multis. In my experience trying to load a multi without all of the necessary presets available in the path will usually cause Syntronik to crash. Occasionally it leaves a blank slot, but this usually causes a crash for me.

How do I know this? I declined to install the GS-V at 31 GB. So I had to hide about 21 multis in the Syn 2 and Syn 2 MAX multis folders that called up the GS-V. So yep, lots of work, but saving 31 GB of SSD space was worth it! :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, TY.  I now have some multis that crash Syntronik 2 even though everything is installed.  I suspect that some of the duplicate installations got put into a different place than the previous installations.  So its a matter of rearranging my Library Folders/ Sound Contents.  It might be easier to just re-install everything instead of trying to move stuff to where it should be.

Previously I only had the 11 new synths on my SSD drive, with the older synths on an external HDD.  

One of the nice things about using Notepad to view the multis, is that InstrumentPath stays in the search buffer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...