Jump to content
cclarry

IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

When I click on where you posted it it - it just dissappears....the ENTIRE box.
Where I quoted you, when I click on it, the entire box just dissappears.
The link above does work, but there is nothing about the multi's there.

Edited by cclarry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Link works, goes to the group buy news which has an update about the new multis.  The main Group Buy page is updated too.

Yes...that last link works...but I don't see anything about the multis

EDIT: I see the Multi Blurb now

Edited by cclarry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Quote

UPDATE: We've added over 100 new Multis to Syntronik 2 MAX. This is in addition to the 30 Multis in Syntronik 2 and the 30 additional Multis from the original Syntronik 2 MAX release. The new Multis are free to all existing users of Syntronik 2 MAX. They'll also be available to Group Buy participants if the GB reaches the top tier with all 33 Synths

1 hour ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Now it has to go all the way!

Just my opinion, if anyone has Syntronik 2 CS, SE, or Full, but hasn't gotten into the SYN2GB yet, and wants the Multis, they should help make sure it reaches the top tier.

As I have noted before, the 30 Multis in Syntronik 2 Full reference Presets and Instruments that are not included in the non-MAX version.  Now that I have the 11 new instrument packs installed from the SYN2GB, the Multis do load and don't crash Syntronik 2.

To be clear: I just spot-checked the Multis that came with Syntronik 2 Full and (1) they do reference the new instruments and (2) they do work now that I have the 11 new instruments installed. 

UPDATE BASED ON A PRIOR POST (see the 5/9/2022 below):

Since I tend to triple- and quadruple-check things, I just took the 11 new instruments and temporarily moved then to a "Pulled" folder.  This effectively verified that SYN2 Multis that came with my purchase of a bundle with Syntronik 2 Full (1) reference Instruments not in the non-MAX version and (2) crashed Syntronik 2 Full on my PC

So, getting the 11 new Instruments solves this problem!!! 

On 5/9/2022 at 11:58 AM, User 905133 said:

BTW (re: multis).  I made a test Syntronik 2 multi the other day. . . .

The test multi which included some Generation 2 presets was displayed but crashed Syntronik 2, evidently because it referenced either (1) a SYN2 instrument path or (2) a SYN2 presets.  The crash is consistent with crashes I experienced with some of the multis that came with Syntronik 2 Full and which included references to Instruments and Presets I didn't have. 

. . .

All of that is fact.  Here's the conjecture: Perhaps the technical people also discovered that Multis which have erroneous Instrument or Preset paths can cause crashes, they are working on that, and Peter is waiting for the technical people to report back on it.  Just a guess. 

It could also be that I am the only one who has been having crashes with the SYN2 Multis.

Again, if you like Syntronik 2 and you want to use the new Multis, but you haven't bought into the SYN2GB yet, you might be very pleased at what you can get for $50 or $35 + $15 in Jam Points, even with the installation issues, the filter bugs, the amount of GBs, etc.

Edited by User 905133
To report on confirmation of an issue with Syntronik 2 Full Multis
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

Just my opinion, if anyone has Syntronik 2 CS, SE, or Full, but hasn't gotten into the SYN2GB yet, and wants the Multis, they should help make sure it reaches the top tier.

Again, if you like Syntronik 2 and you want to use the new Multis, but you haven't bought into the SYN2GB yet, you might be very pleased at what you can get for $50 or $35 + $15 in Jam Points, even with the installation issues, the filter bugs, the amount of GBs, etc.

Agreed.  I'm thinking the same for anyone that has bought into the Group Buy already.  I'm very seriously thinking about buying in again least of all to gain the rest of the synths, but mostly to hopefully be part of a final push that takes it to 3k for the Multis.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TicoJPunk said:

Agreed.  I'm thinking the same for anyone that has bought into the Group Buy already.  I'm very seriously thinking about buying in again least of all to gain the rest of the synths, but mostly to hopefully be part of a final push that takes it to 3k for the Multis.  

I would wait (1) to see if it will make it and (2) to see if there might be another extension.  

  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TicoJPunk said:

Agreed.  I'm thinking the same for anyone that has bought into the Group Buy already.  I'm very seriously thinking about buying in again least of all to gain the rest of the synths, but mostly to hopefully be part of a final push that takes it to 3k for the Multis.  

One thing I am not sure of, if the group buy does not reach the top, we may not get the multis even if we own all the synths. I already had two S2 synths before the group buy so I really only need four more synths to max out everything. But I don't think that guarantees me access to the multis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

One thing I am not sure of, if the group buy does not reach the top, we may not get the multis even if we own all the synths. I already had two S2 synths before the group buy so I really only need four more synths to max out everything. But I don't think that guarantees me access to the multis.

The Syn2 MAX multis will only be made available to all GB participants if the count hits 3000+ by the deadline. Regardless of what you may already own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, abacab said:

The Syn2 MAX multis will only be made available to all GB participants if the count hits 3000+ by the deadline. Regardless of what you may already own.

That is what I was afraid of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doug Rintoul said:

That is what I was afraid of.

I only need 3 more freebies to hit all 33 synths, because I already had two, plus I bought one to enter the GB. But I will be there at 2700+. No MAX for that. 😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I would wait (1) to see if it will make it and (2) to see if there might be another extension.  

Oh absolutely.  This would be a total 11th hour scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would mean, if you take the GB out of the equation for now, that someone who would buy synths through the custom shop and ends up, after a while, owning everything would never have the multis even if he paid much more than for Syntronic max.

I know it is a not a real scenario, but the possibility is there and seems a bit unfair if someone ended up buying all the synths through CS and not have everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jacques Boileau said:

That would mean, if you take the GB out of the equation for now, that someone who would buy synths through the custom shop and ends up, after a while, owning everything would never have the multis even if he paid much more than for Syntronic max.

I know it is a not a real scenario, but the possibility is there and seems a bit unfair if someone ended up buying all the synths through CS and not have everything.

That's the IK valued customer approach. Just ask Larry! 🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, abacab said:

That's the IK valued customer approach. Just ask Larry! 🤣

No, I don't think I want to start Larry on this! 🤐

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, abacab said:

I only need 3 more freebies to hit all 33 synths, because I already had two, plus I bought one to enter the GB. But I will be there at 2700+. No MAX for that. 😢

I think that should be 4 more freebies. It is at 26 freebies now, plus the two you already had, plus the one to get you into the GB. That is 29. Last I checked, 33-29=4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming it gets to 33, and we get the new multis…..is there any way of acquiring the older multis….short of getting MAX?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I think that should be 4 more freebies. It is at 26 freebies now, plus the two you already had, plus the one to get you into the GB. That is 29. Last I checked, 33-29=4.

Well regardless of my inputs, I now have 30 synths. So I only need 3 more (plus the multis). That was my point, Mr Mathematician...

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, abacab said:

Well regardless of my inputs, I now have 30 synths. So I only need 3 more (plus the multis). That was my point, Mr Mathematician...

I only made the point, because I am in the same boat as you, two free plus the buy-in and I only have 29. My fear was that I had doubled-up and it took me a bit to figure out that I indeed had chosen okay. I was not trying to be snarky. Well, maybe a bit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I only made the point, because I am in the same boat as you, two free plus the buy-in and I only have 29. My fear was that I had doubled-up and it took me a bit to figure out that I indeed had chosen okay. I was not trying to be snarky. Well, maybe a bit.

Well I was basing my conclusion on the last promo redemption that I used. I only saw 4 items that I did not already have, then selected one, so that would leave 3, right? Unless my IK account was maybe missing one from the promo list...?

I'll need to review "My Account" and see how many synths I have registered this year.

D*mn!!! Spreadsheet time!!! 🤣

Edited by abacab
  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...