Jump to content
cclarry

IK Syntronik 2 Group Buy!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Walter Cruz said:

I will probably join the deal (FOMO maybe?), but I'm really an emulations (not sampled) believer. For someone that has all these mentioned synths - Arturia V Collection, Korg Collection, u-He,  Cherry Audio, Synapse Legend and Obsession, and probably more synths that I can remember, which ones from Syntronik 2 are the standouts?

I like to mix emulations and sampled. I just like to mix and match from different companies products in the DAW , in the feeble hopes that it results in some sort of more interesting sound.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

Now there is a band I have yet to discover and get into. I am into all the usual suspects from that era, but only vaguely know their music.

Sounds similar to my reaction to Dream Theater. Only vaguely knew of them until a few years ago. They have a great keyboard player that kicks butt on Syntronik! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the outside looking in …

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They still haven't got their counter working right even after all these Group Buys  :)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 These are going to give Soundpaint a run for the money in bloatness.

  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

I am no expert and I only know what I like to use. So far, from listening to the demos, the Megawave sounds the most usable to me. I also like the Obie One. Not sure about the others yet. But I guess at the point, if you but one, you will get them all.

As an Arturia user as well, what I like about using SampleTank/Syntronic is that the interfaces are easy to use as they aren't exact emulations, and if you are familiar with T-Racks , its real easy to dial in the correct level of effects to try to get what you want.

You can listen the  first demo, Clav and big80s of the 99

99 is warm with beautiful sustain and  response to the velocity

You  can listen too the demos of the DCO-X

DCO-X is more crystalin, cold, soft and a little in back for the electric piano but with dominant pads

Edited by oqpoil
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have all the new synths. So now what? Do I need to install Syntronik 2 CS and then the content? 

And does anyone have suggestions which V1 to upgrade to V2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

I have all the new synths. So now what? Do I need to install Syntronik 2 CS and then the content? 

And does anyone have suggestions which V1 to upgrade to V2?

Just install Syntronik 2 CS and then the content.  That's what I did and the Syntronik 2 synths are editable with the new editing paradigm.

I activated the content in IK Product manager first.  However, I download the sound content manually from my IKM product page..

I just don't trust the IK Product manager quite enough yet do use it to download the actual sound content - based on my recollection of some forum posts.

Also, don't forget to backup the installer zip files (180 day limit and all that).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings. So I went around playing around between Syntronic 1 and Syntronic 2. I was using the Bully in Syntronik 2. I see lots of presets, but I can't edit most of them, just a few of them. So does this mean those are all mostly Syntronic 1 presets running in the Syntronic 2 engine?  Do I need to buy "Syntronik 2 - Bully" in order to get the Syntronic 2 presets for this synth or is the Bully a Syntronic 1 product that runs in Syntronic and there is not V2 version of it?

I was also looking around between the two interfaces, on my screen, I dont really notice a loss of clarity of fonts. On my setup, I am using  a pretty old monitor and crappy 2GB video card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Greetings. So I went around playing around between Syntronic 1 and Syntronic 2. I was using the Bully in Syntronik 2. I see lots of presets, but I can't edit most of them, just a few of them. So does this mean those are all mostly Syntronic 1 presets running in the Syntronic 2 engine?  Do I need to buy "Syntronik 2 - Bully" in order to get the Syntronic 2 presets for this synth or is the Bully a Syntronic 1 product that runs in Syntronic and there is not V2 version of it?

I was also looking around between the two interfaces, on my screen, I dont really notice a loss of clarity of fonts. On my setup, I am using  a pretty old monitor and crappy 2GB video card.

Yes on both counts.  Syn 1 instruments you can't really edit.  Syn 2 gives you the full editing available on the "Edit" button

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Yes on both counts.  Syn 1 instruments you can't really edit.  Syn 2 gives you the full editing available on the "Edit" button

I see. So basically, if I were to purchase the Syntronic 2 version of this, i just get the ability to edit the presets that I already see , or does it add a whole bunch of new presents?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I see. So basically, if I were to purchase the Syntronic 2 version of this, i just get the ability to edit the presets that I already see , or does it add a whole bunch of new presents?

It adds more presets and I believe the sounds get an update also....but can't swear to that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Based on my experience we can still edit "Generation 1" presets (those from Syntronik and Syntronik Deluxe) using the virtual hardware style panel. To get there in Syntronik 2, I usually click the Effects button twice. I can also get there by clicking the Player button twice.  Clicking the Edit button tells me, "YOU CAN'T GET THERE FROM HERE!!!" (Not those exact words.)  But after that happened a few times, I got over it.  😉  

image.png.abcce965eb3bbcfce86cede9f286e777.png

40 minutes ago, oqpoil said:

In Syntronik 2, if you are in the Preset Browser click once on the little image of the synth at the left of the preset name like in Syntronik 1!

From everything I have seen, we can edit new presets recently created for the old synths (e.g., the 17 instruments in Syntronik and the 17+5 instruments in Syntronik Deluxe [SYN]) with the new Edit Panel.  Based on Syntronik 2 Full, I counted Generation 2 presets [SYN2] as follows.  If these don't jive with what others have found, please let me know and I will remove/update the tables. 

image.png.497a4e37c8276b62dd5da7f8e8ccb3ce.png     image.png.f6aa689b9ebdea238202c51049679eb0.png

G2 = Syntronik 2 presets listed under "Generation."  WS = Wave Sets listed in the new Edit Panel Wave Set Browser. 

NOTE: There are several different categories of Wave Sets: Single Oscillator, Multi Oscillator, Octaves, Sync, PWM, Full Patch.  Don't ask me about these.  I spent so much time counting and re-counting the number of presets and wave sets and playing with layering  the four Osc layers, I didn't explore the different types of wave sets, yet.  Section 5.2.5 of the Syntronik 2 Manual says:

Quote

Like the Preset Browser, the Wave Set Browser has a set of filters that help you narrow the choices of available wave sets. Here the filters include the characteristics of the Syntronik wave sets including Single Oscillator, Multiple Oscillators, PWM, Sync and Full Patch. Select one or more filters to narrow the displayed wave sets to those that meet your selected criteria

Personally (based on my interests), I'm spending more time playing with the G2 / SYN2 presets in the new Edit Panel than the older presets.  

Edited by User 905133
to add oqpoil's suggestion for getting to the hardware-style editor; additional info
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

I was also looking around between the two interfaces, on my screen, I dont really notice a loss of clarity of fonts. On my setup, I am using  a pretty old monitor and crappy 2GB video card.

And the GUI?

 

 

POOR gui.png

Edited by oqpoil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Based on my experience we can still edit "Generation 1" presets (those from Syntronik and Syntronik Deluxe) using the virtual hardware style panel. To get there in Syntronik 2, I usually click the Effects button twice. I can also get there by clicking the Player button twice.  Clicking the Edit button tells me, "YOU CAN'T GET THERE FROM HERE!!!" (Not those exact words.)  But after that happened a few times, I got over it.  😉 

In Syntronik 2, if you are in the Preset Browser click once on the little image of the synth at the left of the preset name like in Syntronik 1!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Syntronik 2 GUI is definitely more bleary for me than 1.

Edited by Doug Rintoul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...