New Laptop or not ?

Zo

7 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

I bought my Dell second hand from eBay.  It's an XPS 15 Touch. Fan noise is super quiet. My old HP sounds like it's asthmatic by comparison. My son's new HP pavilion is pretty good with heat, 

You know there is a simple hack to get the power settings menu back, right?

Old comp is fine and i love it , this is why i bougth a new one , to fuk up the new one instead of the old one lol also because prices are imho going to raise in proportion of us agressivity with china and possible sanctions ...

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Old comp is fine and i love it , this is why i bougth a new one , to fuk up the new one instead of the old one lol also because prices are imho going to raise in proportion of us agressivity with china and possible sanctions ...

I did try and warn you off Lenovo.I 've tried them out, but always found the performance to be well below the specs. Call me paranoid, but I just did trust them.

I've had a couple of Lenovo 'Stinkpads' as work computers provided by my employer. Fit, finish and overall feel is crap, but they have taken a beating. My current one has fallen 2-3 feet to a wood floor multiple times and the case (plastic) is cracked but it still runs fine. Both had lousy battery life right out of the box despite having fairly low-spec CPUs and the fan in my current one runs constantly no matter the load. When the first one needed replacing I requested a Dell but when that one was replaced I forgot to insist on another Dell and ended up with another f'ing Lenovo. I don't know how many more times I'm going to have to throw drop this thing to get it replaced. ;^).

Edited by David Baay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

I did try and warn you off Lenovo.I 've tried them out, but always found the performance to be well below the specs. Call me paranoid, but I just did trust them.

Like all brands it depends on the line , update is now computer is almost silent ! Thks to clean install and tweaking ... i think the lenovo app managing power scheme migth be the culprit ... also guyz in windows there a game mode that is on by defualt be sure to take it off ...

Trackpad is crap , but the rest is exellnt , if i decide to keep it , i will change either the laptop or ask for trackpad replacement ... (not tuff to even change on my own since it s under the battery , no motherboard to take off .

Still i have other test to do (uad satellite ect ...) dpc latency is exellnt in the clean install also ... i go zero fan until 46 to 50 degres even when plugged ...

LAst update guyz :

I can validate this laptop for any serious Music makers :

1) Latency Mon results are great 

2) it's dead silent after specific moves (i can help if needed , easy ones )

3) Quality suprised me !!! all Alumùnium , zero flex , screen is superb with calibration profils (1600 p reso 16/10)

4) Light weigth , thin and solid ...

5) 4 USB ports (2 A and 2 C) 

Cons :

not intel so not thunderbold and it's sata 3 not 4 (but personnaly those numbers are already great ) 

not display ports (but easily done via adpator)

Find one (hard to find one ;))

Tested UAD satellite usb : all smooth !! (was afraid cause AMD) 

Oh yeah and the 3060 video card is imho the one to get , it's chilling on what ever i've throwed in  from games to apps