Beth Hammond

SI-Drums not selecting

Question

Hi, I'm new to Cakewalk and DAWs in general. Can someone help me understand what is going on here? When I go to add an instrument track and click on the dropdown for instruments, I can select Electric Piano or Bass Guitar fine, but when I click on Drum Kit it selects MIDI Only. Is this a bug? Has the Drums plugin got lost somewhere?

Thanks.

Add instrument.JPG

2 answers to this question

If the image shows the "Sort by Category" layout there is definitely a problem with SI-Drum Kit.

If SI-Drum Kit were available, the layout would show a folder for Drums.

The section below Default (TTS-1) and above the Bass folder holds a list of up to 5 of the most recently used plug-ins.

The list indicates SI-Drum Kit was available at some time on the PC but the folders below the list indicate the plug-in is no longer available.

It is impossible to say with the information available what happened. 

If the machine has not been restarted in some time, this may be a good time to do it.

Running a VST reset from preferences may pick up the plug-in again. The Reset button is in the scan option section.

If not, then re-installing the Studio Instrument suite may restore the plug-in.

If the Studio Instrument Suite was installed using the Cakewalk Installer, then the Studio Instrument Suite installer should be in a Cakewalk folder in your Download directory.

To get a copy of the Studio Instrument Suite installer run the Cakewalk Installer available at the bottom of this page.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 3:32 PM, scook said:

Running a VST reset from preferences may pick up the plug-in again. The Reset button is in the scan option section.

Thanks, this seems to have worked!