Jump to content

EZ Drummer 3 Pre-Order NOW LIVE!


cclarry

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Yes, got it and already have SD3. It will have some features not available yet in SD3

Ditto.  Have and use SD3 for most projects.  Got the EZD2/ EZX bundle for the new features and  couple of EZX’s I want to try out.  I, like Bapu, am tied into the ecosystem and benefit from it, but I only download and install every 17th release.  And not as quickly.

I can’t think of another major purchase where I could justify the overlap or at least similarity of content/features/purpose. That’s good ‘cos this will tap me out for a while.

This seems like a hella good deal for the upgrade, though.  If I had EZD 2, it would define “no brainer” for me.  I demoed EZD last year and just based on what is included here it doesn’t really seem like an upgrade.  It’s more an entirely new product.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

If I had EZD 2, it would define “no brainer” for me.  I demoed EZD last year and just based on what is included here it doesn’t really seem like an upgrade.  It’s more an entirely new product.

Yep!

"Although EZdrummer 3 is new from top to bottom, it’s firmly rooted in what has made its predecessor the world’s number one drum production tool for songwriters: to make adding drums to your music effortless, inspirational and intuitive."

"In EZdrummer 3, everything from sounds and grooves to software features and overall experience are new, improved and more powerful. Start scrolling for a glimpse of what’s to come."

https://www.toontrack.com/product/ezdrummer-3/

Edited by abacab
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From EZdrummer 3 Q&A:

"Q: The EZdrummer 3 core library is recorded at Hansa Studios by Michael Ilbert, same as The Rooms of Hansa SDX for Superior Drummer 3. Are the drums the same? Is it the same recording?
A: No, the EZdrummer 3 library is an all-new recording featuring its unique kits, tailored to cover as much width as possible from a songwriting perspective. The Rooms of Hansa SDX focused on capturing a very specific selection of rare boutique drums."

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, locrian said:

Any regrets from those who have upgraded?

Nope. Not me. 

Though the 'Band Mate" feature ain't working quite as well as it does in EZ Bass. But I didn't upgrade for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

I’m using it, but there’s a learning curve. 
 

t

I figured that, but I ain't caught on to it yet. Guess I should try some simple stuff first to get use to it.

With EZ Bass there was a learning curve, but it's working well for me now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Grem said:

Nope. Not me. 

Though the 'Band Mate" feature ain't working quite as well as it does in EZ Bass. But I didn't upgrade for that.

 

2 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

I’m using it, but there’s a learning curve. 
 

 

1 hour ago, abacab said:

I upgraded for the scalable user interface. My eyes thank me. :)

Bandmate and the scalable GUI are the two main reasons I'm considering the upgrade.  Sounds like they got the latter right but may need to tweak the former a bit.

Thanks for the feedback!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, locrian said:

may need to tweak the former a bit.

Don't let that be the factor that stops you from getting it. Everytime I open up EZD3 I am glad I upgraded!! It really looks much better and sounds much better too. That last part seems to kinda get lost in all the hoopla over the Bandmate and the new GUI. Then new kits that come with it are good. Really good. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Grem said:

Don't let that be the factor that stops you from getting it. Everytime I open up EZD3 I am glad I upgraded!! It really looks much better and sounds much better too. That last part seems to kinda get lost in all the hoopla over the Bandmate and the new GUI. Then new kits that come with it are good. Really good. 

 Plus, Toontrack did a very nice job of working the graphics from the older expansions into  EZD3 interface!!! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grem said:

Don't let that be the factor that stops you from getting it. Everytime I open up EZD3 I am glad I upgraded!! It really looks much better and sounds much better too. That last part seems to kinda get lost in all the hoopla over the Bandmate and the new GUI. Then new kits that come with it are good. Really good. 

 

1 hour ago, abacab said:

 Plus, Toontrack did a very nice job of working the graphics from the older expansions into  EZD3 interface!!! :)

 

1 hour ago, DeeringAmps said:

Pretty good run thru with Bandmate here at Shootie School.

I think he's just scratching the surface (I know that's all I've done) and
I suspect that Toon will continue to refine/expand.
Of course, I'm "committed" to the Toon eco system, so what else would I think?
(Or maybe I should just be committed 🙃)

t

Actually I'm the one who should be committed for thinking that I could have left here with a "yeah, you should probably hold off on this purchase" recommendation.  🤡

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, locrian said:

Actually I'm the one who should be committed for thinking that I could have left here with a "yeah, you should probably hold off on this purchase" recommendation.  🤡

Yeah you should!!!

You know us!!

 

LOL!! 😝

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

gotta get off this thread. I will buy this

One way or the other, I would lean towards the latter. If you have EZD2 it’s really a no-brainer. If you are getting what you need from another VSTi, then collecting “groove” pacs, even at the 6 pac price, gets a bit spendy. 
I’m “all in” with the ToonTrack eco system; no regrets. But I always caution those who are thinking about taking the “plunge”. 
Forewarned is for armed…

t

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

One way or the other, I would lean towards the latter. If you have EZD2 it’s really a no-brainer. If you are getting what you need from another VSTi, then collecting “groove” pacs, even at the 6 pac price, gets a bit spendy. 
I’m “all in” with the ToonTrack eco system; no regrets. But I always caution those who are thinking about taking the “plunge”. 
Forewarned is for armed…

t

that makes sense. so far the only thing i am exposed to in the TT product line is EZbass. I have a lot of other drum VIs. The only thing that has always had my attention from EZD is the Twisted Kit expansion. I don't think I have seen other kits that are similar.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...