charles kasler

buttons to zero out/reset all faders, input gain & pan

Posted (edited)

& pro channel - all tracks at once...or shortcuts to do the same, unless there are already 

Edited by charles kasler

Thanks for responding. I wasn't clear in my post & I've just edited it - I mean reset gain, faders or pan on all channels at once. To make gain staging easier.

It's a Scorched Earth approach but you could go up to the Mix Recall module and choose Reset Mix. That will zero everything out in one go. Be aware it'll nuke envelopes and that kind of thing too, but if you're wanting to set up gain staging, etc. then I'd say you're not at that point yet anyway.

• Like 1

Thanks Tim, that might work because what I have in mind is remixing some old stuff and trying to make an improvement.  So losing envelopes might not be a problem.

• Like 1

Reset Mix can't be undone so you might want to Save the current mix 1st. Then Reset Mix and Save As that one as "Reset".

• Great Idea 1

Posted (edited)

later...that works except it deletes all my fx from the fx bin. I'm wanting to zero everything out to use Izotope Neutron & they say to start with everything at zero. However i may want to restore some of my original fx & that's a lot of extra steps. 

Edited by charles kasler

Posted (edited)

You can choose what to reset, using the Mix Recall Settings dialog, and even make it ask you every time, so you can select according to your needs.

In this example, I choose not to reset efx.

image.png.5ab8140c5f20034ac82a60b1d1bde65c.png

Edited by Andres Medina