Jump to content
Royarn

Keyboard stopped being recognized (SOLVED)

Recommended Posts

Just tonight CbB stopped recognizing my Yamaha Motif ES. Same board I've used for years. This is not an update problem as it's been working with the very latest version. It doesn't show up in devices. Shows up and works in Platinum, and studio One though. The driver looks fine. I've tried deleting ttsseq.ini and aud.ini and shut down and re boot computer but no difference. Beyond that I'm at a loss as to what else to try so hopefully you my trusty friend will perform you're usual magic and come up with a solution. 

I did try to download the latest version  but all that I get from the site is assistant,  which I already have the latest version installed and running anyway.

Thanks Roy. 

Edited by Royarn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If SONAR is working, and CbB is not I'd look at your MIDI device settings - are they set to the same driver mode (UWP / MME) ?

You could also try copying ttsseq.ini from your SONAR directory to your CbB directory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, I'm in the UK so bedtime soon so I'll look forward to trying your ideas tomorrow.  Roy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now this is interesting!  My Yamaha MOXF-6 just stopped being recognized too.  I used it before with no issues, and now Cakewalk doesn’t seem to recognize it.  My driver is up to date too.  

Even after my recent reinstall with Cakewalk it won’t work.  Fortunately it’s not my main controller.

SMD

Edited by SynthManDan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've found that UWP has been problematic with all my MIDI gear. My drivers are obviously not UWP friendly.

I always use MME for MIDI.

If this still doesn't work, there is something else you could try (it does involve editing the registry though) - just substitute KORG with Yamaha:

Basically this ensures that any devices that have been added with an alias are mirrored are correctly populated in another part of the registry.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Scook and msmcleod put both versions on screen to check all midi stuff, and it was the MME was changed to UWP thing . Dont know how that happened certainly didnt change it deliberatley, but cant see it changing itself.  Something for me to keep an eye on. Once again thanks guys, I knew youd come through.

Roy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...