The DuoBros

I wont back down

Hello everybody i record and mix one cover song of Tom Petty - I wont back down and try to mastered here is link of mix:

• Like 5

Hi - very good cover - only thing for me on the mix was I thought the top end was a bit too much especially on the cymbals - apart from that really good.

Nigel

• Like 1

I think it sounds very good and bright. Very pleasant to listen. 

• Like 1

Being a HUGE Tom Petty fan,  I had to listen to this.   Excellent cover, you did a great job... Tom would've been proud.

• Thanks 1

Great Job ! You nailed that chugging rhythm guitar and drums. I thought is was Very true to the original especially the intro. I thought some of the backing vocals were a little dry and maybe just a tiny bit too forward in the mix in a few spots. Enjoyed it ..    mark

• Thanks 1

I took your suggestions into account and improved the mix .... i dont know how its sounds on real monitors because i mixing on headphones.....

Here is improved revision of song:

I like it! The mix is clean and crisp, and the vocals share a similarity with Brandon Flowers to my ears.

• Like 1

Third revision, third luck hehe

In this revision i put parallel compression on lead vocal and set up limiter on master channel, in the end i check for loudness penaltys and its good :)

Finally, thank you all for listening

• Like 1

The third mix works better for me.  Not as harsh as the other two. 

Excellent work at getting a tight cover.  It was all quite good in my opinion, and I am awed by your efforts as this is nothing that I could ever do.

Only listened to the OP version you have overtones of Tom's vocal in your voice, mix sounded OK.

You have done an excellent job on this cover!  All versions that you posted sound great but maybe because of my geriatric challenged ears I rather like version #2 the best.  Your vocals and harmonies sound great.