Cakewalk resetting to 44.1khz 32bit

Michael Reynolds

I've recently been getting this error both when I start a new project or open an old one, which prevents me from recording in 48khz as I usually do. When I go into to settings to try and change it back I get this error again. 

I thought that it might be due to another program using my interface at the same time but closing all other programs and restarting doesn't seem to fix the issue.

I usually record in 48khz 24bit. My interface is capable of 96khz 24bit.

I appreciate any help.

image.png.1ee02a0d1ce72fda3fe80c1b415eef68.png

Looking back in your post history, I saw previous issues with the interface but no mention of make or model.

For now, assuming this interface has a real ASIO driver, the interface is powered on before CbB is started and CbB is in ASIO driver mode, there may be a conflict with a generic driver.

If the PC only has one audio interface attached there should only be one registry entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO

If there is more than one entry here, it could be a problem.

If you use your audio device as a Windows sound card, check that the Windows settings are the same as your card. In your case they both need to be 48/24.

My Focusrite 18i20 automatically syncs to 44.1/24 which is what Windows (11) is set to. That is what i use in Cakewalk.

Just a thought.

J