ARA 2 Apps

Davydh

Bottom line: not many at all.

What would it be like if an wav editor would support ARA2? : )

Ahh we want too much. : )

According to Wikipedia ARA seems to just really work with stuff Presonus is supporting. Melodyne, Revoice/VocAlign is about it.

Anyone use Revoice? As I understand it, it looks to be direct competition with Melodyne. Is that correct? Or is that a program that Apple users use? And why wouldn't Autotune want some of this action?

From what I saw with Revoice, it seems geared more toward video, to allow a second take of voice to be replaced so it matches the original frame for frame. You can even replace one voice with another which is used in several commercials lately. I cannot think of how to do that in Melodyne.

Edited by mettelus

29 minutes ago, mettelus said:

I cannot think of how to do that in Melodyne

Neither could I! Which got me wondering and curious. So I looked them up and read all about them and still it seems like a professional voice replace-er (sic) more than anything. And I wondered "why?" With your explanation I can see it. And now that you mention it I can see the cheap commercials with it being used!! You can look at stuff and say, that voice ain't working with that mouth!

I listened to some of the examples with music and to be honest, it sounded like the life was sucked out the vocals!! I mean some parts needed timing correction, some pitch correction, but as far as they went was too much.

Edited by Grem

I have had good results where multiple BGV tracks needed to be more tightly aligned to the lead vocal track using  Revoice Pro. But I do still use Melodyne Studio too.

Edited by Bapu
  • Thanks 1