Old Treasures

AndyB01

I've just been up in the loft checking out some plumbing repairs and loaded mouse traps (don't ask) and stumbled on an old folder of lots of old lyrics and sheet music from what must be over forty years ago.

Some old songs I penned back then, the lyrical naivety is both charming and slightly cringe inducing at the same time - all that teenage angst I guess. 😂 As I recall, one of them even won second place in a local song competition.

I might dust a few of these down and see what I can do with them (if I can remember how they go).

Not sure I can do much with Bert Weedon's Rock and Blues Album for Guitar course though - they were the days...

Andy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

I've just been up in the loft checking out some plumbing repairs and loaded mouse traps (don't ask) and stumbled on an old folder of lots of old lyrics and sheet music from what must be over forty years ago.

Some old songs I penned back then, the lyrical naivety is both charming and slightly cringe inducing at the same time - all that teenage angst I guess. 😂 As I recall, one of them even won second place in a local song competition.

I might dust a few of these down and see what I can do with them (if I can remember how they go).

Not sure I can do much with Bert Weedon's Rock and Blues Album for Guitar course though - they were the days...

Andy

Do it!!!

Bring those papers out of the attic of memory, where the mice of time have been nibbling the edges away, and into the light of this very forum. Love to hear that!

As for cringe, I'm sure all the rest of us smiths started penning nothing but stately and profound lyrics of wisdom and pathos, with a full knowledge of the vicissitudes of the human condition, since the age of 15. 

😙

• Like 2

22 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Not sure I can do much with Bert Weedon's Rock and Blues Album for Guitar course though

Burt was not as smart as he thought he was....way back when he said that I could play in a day and I still can't....

51nzasGEsWL._SX379_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Haha 1