Routing for a "decaying delay loop" in Cakewalk?

congalocke

Trying to get a decaying "delay loop" going ala ITL Pensado video here:

https://youtu.be/MUb0Ln5GOCU

While I can get a Send sent from one DLY track to another there isn't an option to route the track back into the prior to close the loop.

Hoping to source a solution by the Cakewalk Community....

reginaldStjohn,

Thank you for the response. The vid, (I think is interesting) describes a way to add an effect that increases as a delay keeps repeating. 

That might be the case that Cakewalk doesn't provide for that in any fashion. Maybe one would have to export the delay and an work on the decay afterwards instead of in real time.

Thank you,

Ok, in case anybody starts working on it this is what I'm currently doing have that gets the most delays (I get a Left, Right, Left before it stops...)

Original Vox>>Mono DLY Left: 1/4 Note Dly No Feedback>>Instance of Blue Connector/App RCV Only Thru Lvl 100%/Rcv Lvl 60%

Original Vox>>Mono DLY Right: 1/2 Note Dly No Feedback>>FX>>Instance of Blue Connector App SEND Only Thru Lvl 70%/Rcv Lvl 100%

if I finalize the loop, (between to two Blue Connector instances) it doesn't stay a clean fading ping pong. If I try a channel send the ping pong starts to collapse as well so...more understanding of routing is needed. Or a switch to Pro Tools but....

13 minutes ago, scook said:

Try adjusting the buffering on the receiving BC Connector

Thank you for the suggestion...

Under Global Settings I adjusted the Rcv Buffer from Linear to the extremes of Fast 5/Slow 5 with no noticeable difference in how it reacts.

Thank you...

I had this similar challenge once and just couldn’t get the exact timing I wanted. 
So my solution was to create 2 new tracks below the original. Each was panned hard left and right.
Then I would drag copy the phrase I wanted and paste to the new tracks a few times as needed.

I placed them precisely were I wanted using the grid for timing. 

I then used clip gain envelopes to fade each away and with differences between left and right tracks to create a subtle ping pong. 
In the end it was much faster than trying to figure it out with a delay plug in. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

This is an example of a song I used this technique with. It’s on the run down in each verse where I hold a long note. Then at the very end of the song. 

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/GS1mdfwq2h3ozPvM8

The other part I forgot to mention is the echo track gets a lot more reverb. You could even automate it to increase as the repeat fades away 

This just gave me an idea for a future video 📺

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1