The Rise The Fall

Jimbo 88

As noted by T the Kick is a bit pronounced, it also sounds a little lifeless to be more like a box than a drum, it has no ring.

The rest of the mix sounds reasonable here on he Adam's, though it does sound a like nothing is really panned even stereo instrument's can be panned to give a better soundstage.

On 1/21/2022 at 10:32 AM, DeeringAmps said:

I'd bring the acoustic guitar up a bit; think the vocal is fine.

You guys are good...OK the acoustic guitar is low because the bass player was playing the guitar and the performance was a little to be desired.  The normal guitar player I have was busy.  I'm a gonna try to get away with it as is.

On 1/21/2022 at 10:32 AM, DeeringAmps said:
On 1/22/2022 at 7:56 AM, Wookiee said:

As noted by T the Kick is a bit pronounced, it also sounds a little lifeless to be more like a box than a drum, it has no ring.

The rest of the mix sounds reasonable here on he Adam's, though it does sound a like nothing is really panned even stereo instrument's can be panned to give a better soundstage.

The kick is actually me banging my foot on a box, a wood box under my keyboard designed to keep my damper pedal in place and other gear...nice ears.  I'm going to tweak that and look at your panning suggestions.

I'm gonna remix based on your guys suggestions.  THANKS!!!!

• Like 1

nice. Very nice feeling. I understand the sentiments about the kick but I much prefer this undefined sound to an over articulated one, especially with a choir. More orchestral feeling this way.
I feel it needs an instrument to drive it. Could be an acoustic guitar or a chugging muted electric. The piano is well placed and I love sparse, but maybe nice if it had something to fall back on. Also some type of inner rhythm or different things to come in and out of the sonic spectrum. Could be perc. Could be a comp type keyboard or rhodes. I could picture putting it through an imager to make it a wee bit wider. But hey, its so nice with the young singers and overall feel. Kudos.