Zo

Finally considering win 10

hey guys since exclusive win 10 apps get more and more updated , studio one being one of them...

i'm moving to win 10 but small questions :

is this supposed to replace the welcome screen ? (that i love in 8.1)

image.thumb.png.cae16011c5f8e55193b6cf4276dddba2.png

Ok got it in case some didn't know :

image.thumb.png.bb43822d6f48f0b70b5c9c1cffa036dc.png

You're going to skip Windows 9? 😁

(Just kidding, but there actually was a Windows 9.  It was used for enclosed devices like kiosks.)

• Haha 2

By the way any words on 11 ? what 's the common consencus about it ?

Also if you see no more reviews for a week or two , you know that i'm rolling back with a clean install lol 

Edited by Zo
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Zo said:

By the way any words on 11 ? what 's the common consencus about it ?

Also if you see no more reviews for a week or two , you know that i'm rolling back with a clean install lol 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, paulo said:

Ahaha Paulo , you're talking to a man with windows 8.1 on his computers ;)

12 minutes ago, Zo said:

Ahaha Paulo , you're talking to a man with windows 8.1 on his computers ;)

In terms of the DAW pc 8.1 is still the future for me, lol !

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, paulo said:

In terms of the DAW pc 8.1 is still the future for me, lol !

i wish i could buty this will mean no key features for me in studio one and new uad stuff as well , my komplete m 32 working at half (can use midi in configuration ...ect ...) so i'm seeing more and more stuff going strikly windows 10 (for no reason if you ask me , since the thingy is so close to 8.1)

1 minute ago, Zo said:

i wish i could buty this will mean no key features for me in studio one and new uad stuff as well , my komplete m 32 working at half (can use midi in configuration ...ect ...) so i'm seeing more and more stuff going strikly windows 10 (for no reason if you ask me , since the thingy is so close to 8.1)

Win 10 isn't gonna make Studio One any less ugly

:) 

10 minutes ago, Zo said:

Windows 10 is good until 2025. So no rush on Windows 11 yet.

Here's the lifecycle FAQ for Windows: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/faq/windows

• Like 1

You realize, in binary, this is just Windows TWO, ya? 😜

• Haha 2

Guyz by the way do i have to have a windows account ? (please say no , please say no ) spamming me at start or some ?

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Guyz by the way do i have to have a windows account ? (please say no , please say no ) spamming me at start or some ?

I don't think so. I haven't had a working Microsoft account for many months. Every once in a while a message pops up saying there is a problem with my MS account, but I don't know what triggers it. I will continue to ignore it until some update fails to install saying I need a valid account.

The message you got _CODE_KILLED (full constant name is RESULT_CODE_KILLED_BAD_MESSAGE). It means a program was intentionally terminated by the operating system. Not that that helps, as there are multiple reasons for Windows killing a process, such as when you shut down Windows while programs are running, stopping a program via Task Manager, even rare instances of Windows euthanizing a runaway program that's demanding all the memory.

A google search showed a recent rash of RESULT_CODE_KILLED_BAD_MESSAGE reports, all related to loading web documents in Chrome and Edge. Firefox does not seem to be affected. (I haven't had any issues here, and I run Brave, which is based on the Chrome engine.)

That error only happens if you happen to be in France! 😮

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bitflipper said:

I don't think so. I haven't had a working Microsoft account for many months. Every once in a while a message pops up saying there is a problem with my MS account, but I don't know what triggers it. I will continue to ignore it until some update fails to install saying I need a valid account.

The message you got _CODE_KILLED (full constant name is RESULT_CODE_KILLED_BAD_MESSAGE). It means a program was intentionally terminated by the operating system. Not that that helps, as there are multiple reasons for Windows killing a process, such as when you shut down Windows while programs are running, stopping a program via Task Manager, even rare instances of Windows euthanizing a runaway program that's demanding all the memory.

A google search showed a recent rash of RESULT_CODE_KILLED_BAD_MESSAGE reports, all related to loading web documents in Chrome and Edge. Firefox does not seem to be affected. (I haven't had any issues here, and I run Brave, which is based on the Chrome engine.)

That part was on a web page behind the message , don t take it as a part of it ,  googled and a lot of peopele have thos issue , i will try the work around , if no luk , will do clean install this summer ...

the mix scene in studio one would have helped me a lot ... sonce i do a lot of mix work .... lately 

4 hours ago, Zo said:

... sonce i do a lot of mix work .... lately 

You bartend?  😜

• Haha 1