Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Douglas Kirby

Say You Will

Recommended Posts

Hi Everybody,

I just remixed and polished up The Westerly Sessions Volume II, and this is a rocker from that album that I never posted. On this I sang the vocal using a Rode NT1-A through a Warm Audio Tone Beast. The NT1-A is a bit bright, but I think it works well on busy rock mixes. The rhythm guitar is a Fender Strat, and the lead guitar is a Gibson Les Paul - both using TH-U. The drums are AD2 - the Black Velvet kit. Regarding reverb on this one, I used Breverb and REmatrix - my go-to reverbs.

As always, any comments and critiques are welcome, and thanks for listening.

Here it is:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14080536

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

"I think you're outta sight" well done that Doug!

Always a fan.

👍's

always "stay tuned" on Doug's channel, there's way more to hear...

t

the butterfly on the wall of McCormick's, that's photoshopped on; right?

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeeringAmps said:

"I think you're outta sight" well done that Doug!

Always a fan.

👍's

always "stay tuned" on Doug's channel, there's way more to hear...

t

the butterfly on the wall of McCormick's, that's photoshopped on; right?

Hey Tom - thanks for the positive comments and for listening - I always appreciate your ears.

By the way, my brother took that photo - the butterfly is not photo-shopped - he doesn't believe in using it - lol - he's old school regarding photography.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2022 at 12:49 PM, jack c. said:

ya need to quantize song especially drums.jack c.

Thanks for the crits Jack - the drum grooves are quantized - perhaps I can clean it up a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Great job on this one ! It's a rocker for sure. You did a Fantastic job on All of the guitars , I especially liked the bass and the different treatment on the guitar breaks. No crits . The drums sounded live , but I also thought there were a few places that need a little TLC.    Very powerful chorus sections and Great job on All of the vocals. Very impressive song with your "signature" sound.     Enjoyed it ..  mark

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2022 at 9:21 AM, mark skinner said:

 Great job on this one ! It's a rocker for sure. You did a Fantastic job on All of the guitars , I especially liked the bass and the different treatment on the guitar breaks. No crits . The drums sounded live , but I also thought there were a few places that need a little TLC.    Very powerful chorus sections and Great job on All of the vocals. Very impressive song with your "signature" sound.     Enjoyed it ..  mark

Thanks for the kind words Mark - I appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2022 at 10:19 AM, ant_in_wales said:

Lovely clear and loud mix. Even more double-tracking on the "Say You Will"?

I'm glad you liked the mix - thanks for your ears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Good track and guitars sound great

Like this Douglas

Nigel

 

Thanks Nigel - I hope all is well in SA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great song and performance Douglas.  This is one of those song where the melody on the choruses just sticks in one's head and you hum it all day long.  Good guitar work and mix.  Oh ya, and vocals.

Nice one!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, freddy j said:

Great song and performance Douglas.  This is one of those song where the melody on the choruses just sticks in one's head and you hum it all day long.  Good guitar work and mix.  Oh ya, and vocals.

Nice one!

 

Thanks for the positive vibes Freddy - I appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Douglas, this has a very New York circa late 70s feel to it -- esp. your vocals.  The mix is great on this -- really like that bass (what kinda bass is that?)  I like how you brought in the different guitars later in the song -- makes for interesting listening.  Cool guitar part and tone on that lead section -- almost getting a bit Tom Verlaine there. -- Good work, mate.  This is my favorite I've heard from you -- 😉 -- Allan.

Edited by ABull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ABull said:

Hey Douglas, this has a very New York circa late 70s feel to it -- esp. your vocals.  The mix is great on this -- really like that bass (what kinda bass is that?)  I like how you brought in the different guitars later in the song -- makes for interesting listening.  Cool guitar part and tone on that lead section -- almost getting a bit Tom Verlaine there. -- Good work, mate.  This is my favorite I've heard from you -- 😉 -- Allan.

Thanks Allan - I'm glad you liked it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2022 at 8:56 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

Thanks Nigel - I hope all is well in SA.

Hi Douglas - thanks for he kind thought re SA but I ESCAPED!!! Finally got back home after nearly two years!!

Keep well

Nigel

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...