iZotope's makin' me mad.

Shane_B.

On 1/7/2022 at 1:16 PM, Fleer said:

Sold my MPS3 for $130, then bought the MPS4.1 crossgrade in my account for $75. Not bad. 

I've been wondering about that. I already own the advanced versions of some of the software the MPS4.1 upgrade came with. I wonder if I would be able to sell the ones I already own since I upgraded a second time? When I upgraded from O8A to O9A they left O8A in my account. I did have both on my system at the same time until a couple weeks ago. I uninstalled O8A just to get rid of it in my plug-in list and to see what would happen. I never actually used it before I upgraded to O9A. O9A seems to be working fine without it but I hope it's not one of those situations where if I ever have to set up a new DAW I have to install O8A then install O9A. So far I'm still using the same system and haven't had to reinstall since the original purchase installation.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

... When I upgraded from O8A to O9A they left O8A in my account. I did have both on my system at the same time until a couple weeks ago. ...

I asked them about this at one point and the "official" policy is that you cannot xfer licenses you used for upgrading.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mibby said:

I asked them about this at one point and the "official" policy is that you cannot xfer licenses you used for upgrading.

Indeed. I guess I got the MPS4.1 upgrade because I owned a separate O8A that I hadn’t upgraded from before. 

1 hour ago, mibby said:

9 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Indeed. I guess I got the MPS4.1 upgrade because I owned a separate O8A that I hadn’t upgraded from before. 

There was something funky about that O8A deal I got. I actually think they just gave me O9A and didn't upgrade me. I bought O8A and literally a few days later they released O9A. I stewed on it a few weeks and finally got mad enough to write and ask if there was anything they could do about it and they gave me O9A. It shows I have both full versions in my account directly from them and that I paid $0 for O9A. So I can't complain. I mean, I'm cheap but I'm not that cheap.😁It's worth what they are asking for it. I got an email on Friday saying they had something new coming soon. We'll all probably be upgrading to O10A next month ... or forced to subscribe, in which case I'll be using O9A for the rest of my days.

• Like 1