Track Templates by Reference

jkoseattle

I'm just starting to work with Track Templates, which are awesome, and I had no idea how useful they were. I'm going to start using them all the time now. 

So I'm wondering -- Is it possible to make a track template and then use it by reference rather than copy? What I mean is that I have a bunch of projects using a certain track template, and then I decide to change the template, and all the other uses of that template change along with it? Is that possible somehow?

Hmm... so -- By "no", do you actually mean "yes", but are being somehow ironic or something maybe? Or like it's a new slang term like how "sick" means good? I bet that's it. Or else maybe you said "no" and then after you hit Submit you realized that you forgot it was actually "yes", but you didn't know how to delete your response, so you just left it as "no" and figured I'd know that you actually meant "yes". It's one of those isn't it. I knew it. Thanks! 

scook is correct, you can't do this.

When you use a template, it simply copies the details of template into your project as if you'd done it manually.

There's no reference to how the track(s) were created, so updating your template will have absolutely no effect on other projects.