ARA2 Happening!

Keni

I barely turned it on, but right off the bat it loaded in the correct mode once again!

I'm looking forward to testing how thorough the update fixed so many related items. I'm still using a slightly older version of Melodyne as it's been avoiding a problem that came with it.... Now I'm thinking it might be safe to update?

Anyone have any reports on operation with the latest update of CbB and Melodyne 4.2.1?

Actually that particular issue had nothing to do with ARA2. It was a tricky issue with order of operations leading to a race condition in Melodyne that happened to come to light while I was working with them on the ARA2 stuff. Celemony has an independent fix for this which is currently in beta.

There are lots of general ARA fixes and optimizations in this release especially while editing and many preexisting issues were resolved.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Actually that particular issue had nothing to do with ARA2. It was a tricky issue with order of operations leading to a race condition in Melodyne that happened to come to light while I was working with them on the ARA2 stuff. Celemony has an independent fix for this which is currently in beta.

There are lots of general ARA fixes and optimizations in this release especially while editing and many preexisting issues were resolved.

Thanks Noel!

Once gain your hard work with the team brings joy to so many!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Glad to say it's fixed this long standing issue,  thanks Noel. Roy

That's a worthy update! One that adds an excellent new feature and also fix some long-standing problems. I was hating this bug personally: "Staff view fails to persist on project load".

I hope Bandlap to continue this way and finally end with the Gibson way of doing things. I mean, the "monthly" non-sense and the over-promising tendency.

Edited by Feral State Sound

Question: I haven't had any problems with my Melodyne, but I'm still using one version back because of all the issues with the newest version  I've read about here. I also haven't updated CbB to 2019.5. So are we saying that 2019.5 makes it OK to install and use the latest version of Melodyne?

40 minutes ago, Larry Jones said:

Question: I haven't had any problems with my Melodyne, but I'm still using one version back because of all the issues with the newest version  I've read about here. I also haven't updated CbB to 2019.5. So are we saying that 2019.5 makes it OK to install and use the latest version of Melodyne?

As far as I can see, yes.

I've had zero problems with Melodyne 4.2.1 & Cakewalk 2019.5.

I have the problem with last update 2019.05. One problem was fixed after this - auto detection algorythm, but Melodyne editor can't open another clip if already open any clip. Another clip opens in melodyne editor only if i close editor window. Am I one to have this problem? (Sorry for my english)

Edited by Daniil Potseluev

This is expected behavior. Please see the release notes:

All ARA 2 clips now share a common view. So navigating across multiple clips is as simple as clicking on a clip. The view data in Melodyne will automatically change to track the selected clip. Is is a lot faster than double clicking clips to close and reopen a new view.

In ARA 2 plugins there is no need to open a specific instance of the editor for each clip since Melodyne knows how to display the current clip data via ARA 2. Make sure that "Follow Clip Selection" is enabled in Melodyne and as you click the viewed data will automatically change. See screenshot.
Also make sure you are running the latest version of Melodyne 4.

Melodyne-followselection.png

17 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

This is expected behavior. Please see the release notes:

All ARA 2 clips now share a common view. So navigating across multiple clips is as simple as clicking on a clip. The view data in Melodyne will automatically change to track the selected clip. Is is a lot faster than double clicking clips to close and reopen a new view.

In ARA 2 plugins there is no need to open a specific instance of the editor for each clip since Melodyne knows how to display the current clip data via ARA 2. Make sure that "Follow Clip Selection" is enabled in Melodyne and as you click the viewed data will automatically change. See screenshot.
Also make sure you are running the latest version of Melodyne 4.

Melodyne-followselection.png

Thank you for your answer. But I don't have this option dialog:

image.png.9a5bc240a21a645e31ed43a018915825.png

I have Melodyne Essential version. 

Before the last update, I could double-click on the clip and it opened, now it does not happen, I have to close the editor each time, then double-click on another clip, then the melodyne editor opens.