Jump to content
STEVE POOLE

THESE DAYS OF MINE 2 remix

Recommended Posts

Super song, like a psychedelic memory ! Mixing the vocal out front makes all the difference, and they are very interesting. Lots of different sections that are very memorable, hooky, and downright fun to listen to. I gather since you used spectralayers to boost the vocal, that this is an older recording . . . I'm glad to see it back out in the spotlight . . . really enjoyable !

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, noynekker said:

Super song, like a psychedelic memory ! Mixing the vocal out front makes all the difference, and they are very interesting. Lots of different sections that are very memorable, hooky, and downright fun to listen to. I gather since you used spectralayers to boost the vocal, that this is an older recording . . . I'm glad to see it back out in the spotlight . . . really enjoyable !

Many thanks for the comment .. and your dead right it is an old cakewalk project already mixed down to stereo, ie no stems to play with, hence  spectralayers. Great bit of kit as I get so many old stereo recordings made on tape that need a remix.

Thanks again for listening

ATB

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Paul Bush said:

Great vocals , and i love the harmonies right up my street this one well worth completing 

Thanks 4 listening mate, I am a humbled man . 😌.. however I'm done with this one LOL

Best regards

Steve

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wookiee said:

For an old project post produced it works well here on the Adams.

Many thanks old friend .. means a lot (.. Adams eh !  little name dropper lol )

Have gr8 XMAS

Steve

Edited by SupaReels
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve, great job on bringing out the vocal track! I love this song! Instant mood enhancer that takes me to faraway places.
-Bjorn

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mark skinner said:

 Very immersive . I loved the mix !   It took me on a magical mystery tour.    mark

I couldn't have said it better!  I, too, have a lot of tapes lying around but no spectralayers.  I must look into that.  Great song, Steve!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mark skinner said:

 Very immersive . I loved the mix !   It took me on a magical mystery tour.    mark

I see what you did there Mr Skinner LOL, .... thankyou for the comment & listening

ATB

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Steve, great job on bringing out the vocal track! I love this song! Instant mood enhancer that takes me to faraway places.
-Bjorn

You were right about the vocal track, I think I got a bit lazy with this one as it's so old, but I'm so grateful for your input. This one took around 3 weeks to do soooo many years ago on a Tascam 688, and my mixing skills when producing the stereo with CW  were, ... well none existent ...

spectralayers was the only way to achieve this result.

Many thanks again mate

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

I couldn't have said it better!  I, too, have a lot of tapes lying around but no spectralayers.  I must look into that.  Great song, Steve!

Hi Lynn, thanks for the comment. My view on spectralayers is that it's a great tool for separating  stereo back into different stems, that said, it depends on the version used but even so it does work like magic.  I use it with CB11 pro but there is a trial version available I think.

I have had great success with tape mixes I have produced and people have been extremely happy with with the results . .. so give it a go 😉

ATB

Steve

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is a better mix, vocals are placed/EQ'ed so they serve the song better....very good song with Beatles, Dylan, Future Sound of London images but the vocals are unique and sound great 🎶🎧🥁🎺

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Larry T. said:

this is a better mix, vocals are placed/EQ'ed so they serve the song better....very good song with Beatles, Dylan, Future Sound of London images but the vocals are unique and sound great 🎶🎧🥁🎺

Praise indeed ! Thankyou Larry ... it's a sad fact that life has not improved since writing and performing this so many years ago ... 😏

Steve

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2021 at 11:59 AM, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi SupaReels,

Great song with excellent lyrics reminiscent of John Lennon + the Beatles to my mind.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

Many thanks Paul ... I am a great fan of John Lennon so I'm knocked out with your comments.

Best regards

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2021 at 5:59 PM, David Sprouse said:

Your lyrics are always so awesome.  I liked how you played with expectations viz the rhyming scheme.  You captured the epoch perfectly.

Many thanks David for the comment, means a great deal to me 9_9

ATB

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2021 at 8:57 AM, Larry T. said:

very good song with Beatles, Dylan,

Oh Yeah, a real 60's vibe to this on, 👍's.

t

On 12/13/2021 at 2:20 AM, SupaReels said:

This one took around 3 weeks to do soooo many years ago on a Tascam 688

I still miss my 688, it was a great piece of kit!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...