Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jono grant

Mono UAD plugins not showing in cakewalk

Recommended Posts

Just now, scook said:

Yes and they still show UAD plug-ins in two different paths

I'm trying to show that my Mono UAD plugins are listed in the X1 path (lower image) but fail to list in the BandLab path (upper image)

The post is me asking why my UAD mono plugins won't list in CBL VST plugin manager

Cheers

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jono grant said:

UAD put their plug as in one place

So this is not true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, scook said:

So this is not true

I thought they did and actually they don't. I solved my issue as well.

For some reason when I setup CBL it wouldn't pick up on the UAD plugs at all, unless I added "Universal Audio" in the folder scan path.

But looking just now, I realized that X1 did not have "Universal Audio" in the scan path. X1 was seeing the UAD plugins in the Steinberg VST folder.

That folder is in my CBL path too but won't see the UAD stuff at all. So I removed Steinberg AND universal audio, re-scanned, then put back the Stienberg folder, scanned and the UAD stuff showed up! Mono versions too.

So ya, folder path weirdness.

Thanks all.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've have this same problem in Sonar BL. There may be several paths to my UAD plug ins, but the problem is the mono UAD plugins have a "(m)" suffix which Sonar doesn't recognize, so you just see the same plugin name twice in the browser. You have to drill down through the VST2  Preset options once you load the effect on a track and go all the way to the plugin properties/details to see the actual name of the plugin within it's directory. Please note that Pro Tools (for PC) recognizes this difference in the UAD aax plugin files and readily shows mono or stereo in the insert selection tool. I've asked BandLab to do something about this. We'll see if they respond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The default plug-in names where changed after X1. X1 used the dll file name, modern versions by default use a name provided by the VST. This behavior may be changed. See my reply here

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...