ASIO question

Hey gang.  Any ideas please?  i was happy sticking with my X3 but some of my new Waves plugs will only work in Bandlab.  But heres the thing.   Ive no latency problems in X3. But in Bandlab im having a problem with one of the waves synths and heres the thing.  In Bandlab, when i go to options, Audio , it shows my M Audio is using ASIO which is fine.  But under the MIDI settings its showing MME and theres no way of changing this.
I dont have this problem in X3.  In X3 under settings I look under audio and its set to ASIO (perfect).  But Under MIDI, there is no box there showing the audio devices setting.   
I dont know how to get Bandlab to use the ASIO setting for both the AUDIO and MIDI setting.   Thanks guys.

There is no such thing as ASIO for MIDI. ASIO is an audio driver specification.

X3 MIDI uses MME. UWP was added later.

If you wish to experiment with UWP, the PC must be running Win10 and no project must be open when making the change. Pretty sure this is covered in the help.

Thanks Skook.  Im on Win7.     Tried Win10 before but didn't like it.  I'll keep messing with the buffers and sample rate and see if it helps.   The problem is, I cant test this synth in X3 as its not supported.     Some of Waves plug ins are now only compatible with newer DAWS. 

Midi has to use a virtual instrument in order to create any sound, the sound from that instrument is audio based, as Scook says, there is no ASIO for midi but you still need a good ASIO driver to get low latency from midi based virtual instruments. So if you set up your ASIO driver correctly for low latency, that will also be reflected when you play a midi keyboard for example.

MIDI does not have to have a virtual instrument i.e. softsynth. Hardware sound modules or synths can use MIDI too.  However, in this case I don't see an Maudio MIDI driver.  This suggests the OP may need to re-install his Maudio drivers. This assumes a MIDI keyboard is hooked up to the Maudio. I use a dedicated MIDI interface with plug and play drivers.

The OP is not talking about connecting external equipment, he is talking about operating a waves plugin synth via a midi keyboard, that is what I meant to refer to. However, being an "in the box" person myself, I confess to not thinking much about midi driven external hardware modules and synths.