Sign in to follow this  
Douglas Kirby

On The Run

Hi Everybody,

This is a track from The Westerly Sessions Vol. I that I didn't post before. 

Here it is:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14055311

Also, I just remixed and finished off the entire album of The Westerly Sessions Vol. 1.  It was a lot of work but fun.  If anyone cares to give it a listen, here it is:

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=978948&albumID=24716&content=albumInfo

Edited by Douglas Kirby
  • Like 1

harmony needs some tweaking and lower volume.some of your lead notes a tad off and phasing needs some tweaking.your on correct path.jack c.

• Like 1

Love this song  .. I can see Mick Jagger doing this  .. But the melody reminds me of another song but I can't place it 🤔

Great work

ALB

Steve

22 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

Also, I just remixed and finished off the entire album of The Westerly Sessions Vol. 1.  It was a lot of work but fun.  If anyone cares to give it a listen, here it is:

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=978948&albumID=24716&content=albumInfo

Douglas, nice work on the album.  I didn't have 90 minutes to listen to the whole thing, but did get a chunk of it in.  Great guitar tones!  The lyrics are great too.  You have done some excellent work there.

• Like 1

Nice song Douglas.

Backing harmonies were very good.

Classic rock groove and message.

A+ from me on the mix.

On 11/27/2021 at 4:40 PM, jack c. said:

harmony needs some tweaking and lower volume.some of your lead notes a tad off and phasing needs some tweaking.your on correct path.jack c.

Thanks for the comments and crits Jack.

20 hours ago, SupaReels said:

Love this song  .. I can see Mick Jagger doing this  .. But the melody reminds me of another song but I can't place it 🤔

Great work

ALB

Steve

I'm glad you liked it - thanks for listening.

19 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

Douglas, nice work on the album.  I didn't have 90 minutes to listen to the whole thing, but did get a chunk of it in.  Great guitar tones!  The lyrics are great too.  You have done some excellent work there.

I appreciate you giving a bit of the album a listen - it was fun to remix and try to polish it up.

17 hours ago, Bapu said:

Nice song Douglas.

Backing harmonies were very good.

Classic rock groove and message.

A+ from me on the mix.

Thanks Ed - I'm glad you liked the mix - I appreciate your opinion.

Admittedly one of the best mixing engineers on this forum. Just a nice crisp and very real sounding track. Excellent musicianship. 

Your voice and style hearkens back to those old classic rock bands. I feel like I've slipped back in time and missed one of the greats.

On 11/29/2021 at 8:05 AM, Wookiee said:

It sounds Ok here on my Event 20/20's Douglas. Classic bit of soft rock to my furry ears.

Thanks for listening Wookiee - I appreciate it.

On 11/29/2021 at 9:48 PM, Starise said:

Admittedly one of the best mixing engineers on this forum. Just a nice crisp and very real sounding track. Excellent musicianship. 

Your voice and style hearkens back to those old classic rock bands. I feel like I've slipped back in time and missed one of the greats.

Thanks for the kind comments - makes me feel good regarding my mixing skills.

What can I say? Another well produced and performed song by Doug.
Have you ever done a cover? Would be interesting to hear you do a classic 60s or 70s song,
-Bjorn

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

What can I say? Another well produced and performed song by Doug.
Have you ever done a cover? Would be interesting to hear you do a classic 60s or 70s song,
-Bjorn

Thanks for listening Bjorn - I'm working on quite a bit of original material right now - perhaps I'll do some covers at some point.