All plugins sound delayed [SOLVED]

lapasoa

OK that is what we call midi delay which is normally caused by having certain plug ins in a project. Bypass your effects and see if it goes away. 

Midi itself has negligible latency but the midi is triggering a VST soft synth which is audio. The audio output of your DAW is then delayed by system latency before you hear the instrument. Adding certain effects increases the system latency. 

Incredible. This morning I turned on my CbB,  Attempted to play Dpro bass and everything was OK.

Attempted with Dpro piano and everything was OK.

Attempted with electric guitar with Overloud Amp Sim and  everything  is OK.

I can hardly believe it, but it is true.

Can imagine what was wrong before.

That's why I don't report every single issue. I might toss out some observation (hey, anybody else notice this?) but just because it went goofy on me doesn't mean it's definitely Cakewalk. I just close the program, reboot or maybe change a setting and see what happens. More often than not the issue goes away or disappears until what ever combinations of things I did make it reappear.  If I can narrow it down, then I might bring it up directly with the developers. Sometimes I actually find something but more often - I haven't.

Real bugs will generally be reported by people with a diverse set of hardware/OS. At that point the developers jump on it.

Edited by Terry Kelley
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, John Vere said:

This is very true for me. I’m not very happy with my Motu M4. It’s driver doesn’t seem to share very well.  As a result I’m getting recordings that have that garbled sound from time to time. I have to completely re boot to get rid of it. 

I'm glad I held off buying a new interface as MOTU M4 was at the top of my list. Wish I had extra $$ to just buy the RME Babyface Pro and be done.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lapasoa said:

I did not notice , but now I remeber, that every thing in CbB was delayed. Opening a project, copy and paste, ripple edit, save as.

Now everything  worked fine again. However what happened to me have been somewhat strange.

This is a sure sign of DPC latency due to other process hogging resources. 
The minute this happens again, open task manager and see what is at the top of the CPU list. 
I will also fire up Latency Monitor and see what it is saying.