Jump to content
daryl1968

Metamorphosis with MC Martian

Recommended Posts

Hi folks

I hope you are all well - I've been a bit meh about music for a while so apologies for the absence.

Here's a track that I just did with my son - music is me - rap is him - Churemi is singing the hook. It's out of my usual thing but I enjoyed doing it and it got me off my ar$e to do some music.

 

Edited by daryl1968
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, David Sprouse said:

Glad you're back!    Did your son write the lyrics?  The hook is infectious.  

Thanks David - hope you are well mate  Yes, he wrote and performed the rap I did the rest. 

The hook lyric is sort of borrowed from an 80's band called The The. Favourite of mine. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great Daryl & Son.  Love it!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daryl, glad you're back!
Pretty cool to collab with your son.  Hope you stay off your ****.
-Bjorn

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2021 at 2:39 PM, jack c. said:

cool sounds.bring down bass guitar.jack c.

Thanks Jack - appreciate the heads up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Daryl. Cool song! Not the best judge of rap, but the mix sounds pretty good to me - I'd never have known it wasn't really your thing.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Daryl - I hope all is well with you - haven't heard from you in awhile.  Cool tune - nice job of rapping by your son.  This mix sounds pro to me, like something I could hear on the current Top 40 - nicely done. I agree with David - the hook is quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2021 at 4:13 PM, Bapu said:

This is great Daryl & Son.  Love it!

Thanks mate. Appreciate it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2021 at 2:09 PM, daryl1968 said:

Thanks David - hope you are well mate  Yes, he wrote and performed the rap I did the rest. 

The hook lyric is sort of borrowed from an 80's band called The The. Favourite of mine. 

Another The The fan? Cool! I'm not the only one. Matt Johnson does good work!

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not genre that I usual listening.
Nice beat and vocals are well on rhythm.
Good mix and sounds.. well done.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great mix and arrangement mate, it sounded very authentic. What a way to enter the hip hop scene! 🤘 It must be lot of fun to do a project with your son, and then you also push yourself outside the usual style of music. Good work all of you, and a good thing he got you off your ar$e. ☺️

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

leave the bass alone

+1

Welcome back

t

oh and 👍's to you and your son

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2021 at 1:23 AM, bjornpdx said:

Daryl, glad you're back!
Pretty cool to collab with your son.  Hope you stay off your ****.
-Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn my mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2021 at 9:48 PM, antler said:

Hi Daryl. Cool song! Not the best judge of rap, but the mix sounds pretty good to me - I'd never have known it wasn't really your thing.

Thanks Antler - much appreciated

On 11/15/2021 at 11:30 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

Hi Daryl - I hope all is well with you - haven't heard from you in awhile.  Cool tune - nice job of rapping by your son.  This mix sounds pro to me, like something I could hear on the current Top 40 - nicely done. I agree with David - the hook is quality.

Hi Doug - thanks so much mate - glad you enjoyed

 

On 11/17/2021 at 4:57 PM, John Maar said:

Another The The fan? Cool! I'm not the only one. Matt Johnson does good work!

long time The The fan John - great work and This is the Day ranks among my all time top ten - it never fails to pick me up

On 11/18/2021 at 8:00 PM, Makke said:

This is not genre that I usual listening.
Nice beat and vocals are well on rhythm.
Good mix and sounds.. well done.

Thanks Makke - I hope you are well mate

 

On 11/18/2021 at 10:44 PM, Leizer said:

Great mix and arrangement mate, it sounded very authentic. What a way to enter the hip hop scene! 🤘 It must be lot of fun to do a project with your son, and then you also push yourself outside the usual style of music. Good work all of you, and a good thing he got you off your ar$e. ☺️

Thanks Lasse - very much appreciate your kind words mate

 

On 11/19/2021 at 10:54 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

This is really infectious!  You can all take a bow.  leave the bass alone  

Bravo!!!

Thanks Lynn - it's about time for us wouldn't you say?.....

On 11/19/2021 at 11:41 PM, Fred's Gratis Scores said:

"Get me a towel, I'm dripping in talent." Love it! :)

I told my son - he was very pleased you liked that one Fred

 

On 11/20/2021 at 1:54 AM, DeeringAmps said:

+1

Welcome back

t

oh and 👍's to you and your son

Thanks so much Tom - you're very kind sir

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SupaReels said:

Great stuff

ATB

Supareels

Thanks so much Supareels - I preferred your pre-edited comment but this is also great.  Very kind of you

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...