Jump to content
Larry T.

Seems Like Forever (ambient pop music) - Work in Progress

Recommended Posts

Greetings All....this is a Work in Progress called Seems Like Forever (ambient pop music)....hope you enjoy it....any advice, observations and suggestions are appreciated...TIA 🎸🎹🎶🥁

 

link: https://larryterrano.bandcamp.com/track/seems-like-forever-ambient-pop-music-work-in-progress

 

DAW: Cakewalk by Bandlab

 pc: windows 10, i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 8GB ram, acoustic and electric guitars, bass guitar, focusrite scarlett solo, arturia minilab mkII, arturia analog lab lite, CbB effects

Special Thanks to Mike at Creative Sauce on You Tube whose incredible videos on how to use CbB made this possible

Edited by Larry T.
improvement.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the first part guitar chords needs some warmth to it.little  harsh sounds.also eq the entire mix little less highs.maybe some percussion here and there.jack c.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2021 at 6:07 AM, jack c. said:

the first part guitar chords needs some warmth to it.little  harsh sounds.also eq the entire mix little less highs.maybe some percussion here and there.jack c.

I agree jack....the bass guitar tone/sound is not right either....I am going to redo this whole song as it is a shortened edit and I really am not satisfied with the work I did on it....the song deserves better from me....thanks for listening to it and your comments 👍👍🎵🎼

Edited by Larry T.
clarity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I agree it's worth more time! Nice tune, I was hearing a Pink Floyd direction as a possibility. Percussion would be welcome as well. I look forward to hearing where this one goes. It has a nice mellow vibe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2021 at 9:53 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

Yes I agree it's worth more time! Nice tune, I was hearing a Pink Floyd direction as a possibility. Percussion would be welcome as well. I look forward to hearing where this one goes. It has a nice mellow vibe.

Thank You Tom....i am still learning the important in's and out's of working with a DAW....for example, last night i was wondering why the guitar in the latest project sounded so terrible, turns out i had turned on Automation for one thing and forgot to turn it off so i had, like, psycho automation (!!!!)  going on with all four EQ's in the Pro Channel EQ module for the guitar track, little things i have to learn to be a lot more careful about....i think that's what happened with Seems Like Forever 🎶🎙️🎷🎸

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Esther Brulard said:

Very relaxing. Yes it needs  extra work on it, but the feeling is good.

Thank You very much 🎵🎷🎹🎧

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2021 at 7:48 PM, Larry T. said:

Greetings All....this is a Work in Progress called Seems Like Forever (ambient pop music)....hope you enjoy it....any advice, observations and suggestions are appreciated...TIA 🎸🎹🎶🥁

 

DAW: Cakewalk by Bandlab

 pc: windows 10, i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 8GB ram, acoustic and electric guitars, bass guitar, focusrite scarlett solo, arturia minilab mkII, arturia analog lab lite, CbB effects

Special Thanks to Mike at Creative Sauce on You Tube whose incredible videos on how to use CbB made this possible

Nice job Larry - glad to have you here submitting your songs.

Steve

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the rare tune that falls out of your head already finished and polished up nice and neat. This has some good ideas in it that deserve  development. In particular the guitar break at the end is really nice and is the beginning of a nice bridge.  Looking forward to what you come up with!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, mark skinner said:

I Liked it and hope to hear a remix. This would also be a nice vocal song ..     mark

Thanks mark....the acoustic guitars must be redone as if you listen close you can hear me breathing through my nose throughout the track....this is the first song i tried using a microphone (Shure PGA58....the cheap one) to record acoustic guitars and i didn't even know i was breathing so loudly, let alone the mic recording it....i may be able to just re-record the two acoustic guitar tracks as i really don't want to redo everything but if so it's more experience.....most of the songs i have posted here were written with lyrics but as i can't sing i'm reworking them into the ambient pop style....Thanks again 👍👍🎶🎸

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, steve@baselines.com said:

Nice job Larry - glad to have you here submitting your songs.

Steve

 

Thanks very much steve 👍👍🎹🎵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kevin Walsh said:

It's the rare tune that falls out of your head already finished and polished up nice and neat. This has some good ideas in it that deserve  development. In particular the guitar break at the end is really nice and is the beginning of a nice bridge.  Looking forward to what you come up with!

Thanks Kevin....man, that's for sure....the part you mentioned with the guitar break....i just figured out that part a few weeks ago....the rest of the song  has been around for years 👍👍🥁🎼

Edited by Larry T.
clarity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done nice instrumental music. pleasant and relaxing ambiance.

Good orchestration and arrangement with enjoyable soundscape.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds good Larry! I especially like the bridge section where there's a slight change in theme for contrast, and a slow-down/cut back in instrumentation.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...