Babylon Is Rising

Citizen Regen

Citizen Regen (formerly BJZ) core members are now: Ken Nilsen (Zargg) , Dave Townsend (bitflipper)and Ed Kocol (bapu), Kai Steines & Hugo Ribeiro

Remix - 24 Dec 2023

Ken Nilsen - Vocals, Verse Lead Guitar
Dave Townsend - Keys
Kai Steines - Guitars
Ed Kocol - Bass
Hugo Ribiero - Drums

Babylon Is Rising
(c) 2021 Citizen Regen

Verse 1:
One world one people was always the goal
Chasing the dream straight down the rabbit hole

PreChorus:
It won't take long
For things to go wrong

Chorus:
Babylon is rising it's clear to me
Critical thinking has been cancelled today
It doesn't matter what we think or see
There's a crowd that will spin it their way
Babylon is rising I'm here to say

Verse 2:
False idols and theories on the fringe
Are the recipes to become unhinged

Repeat PreChorus:
Repeat Chorus:

Bridge:
We need to find common ground
Before we utter another sound of dissent
We need to find common ground

Solo Synth
Solo Guitar

Short PreChorus:
It won't take long

Repeat Choruses:

Outro Guitar Solo

Edited by Citizen Regen
  • Like 6

Cool song and Great job by Everybody. Who is doing the vocals ?  I'm hearing an EQ change on the mix from around 2:33 to about 3:00 where the highs seem to drop out then come back in. It seems pretty obvious especially on the lead guitar. I think the lead could be ducked a little under the vocals and brought back up between phrases.  Just my first impressions.   I Really enjoyed it , don't hear much metal around here ..        mark

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2021 at 10:54 AM, mark skinner said:

Cool song and Great job by Everybody. Who is doing the vocals ?  I'm hearing an EQ change on the mix from around 2:33 to about 3:00 where the highs seem to drop out then come back in. It seems pretty obvious especially on the lead guitar. I think the lead could be ducked a little under the vocals and brought back up between phrases.  Just my first impressions.   I Really enjoyed it , don't hear much metal around here ..        mark

Thanks for the listen Mark. We'll take a look at that section on the next remix.

• Like 1

Wow - that was cool; well done everyone! As someone that enjoys symphonic metal (in addition to other genres too) I loved the overall sound of the mix, and the guitar solo.

My only comment on the mix is that metal is usually compressed a tiny bit more, with a bit more emphasis on the low end. I realise that it's quite nice to not overly squash the mix though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty epic piece here dudes ! Forum all stars all around.  The vocals are so well done and mixed in here, super clarity in a very busy mix  . . . nice.

Just a pleasure to listen to how the band comes together here . . . wow, was this all done virtually, remotely ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1