Jump to content
Apeirofobia

Plugin names BUG

Recommended Posts

Hi guys I just updated my softube plugins and all my plugins inserted in my projects have wrong names. And when I insert new plugins, I get the same name.

Any idea what's going on?

 

Here's a video of the behaviour.  Every plugin has the same name(TSAR-1R) in all my projects.

 

Edited by Apeirofobia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Craig Anderton said:

If you haven't already, try a plug-in Reset and Re-Scan...that sometimes solves mysterious plug-in issues.

Yep, I've already tried that and it didn't solve the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

Could be a corrupt registry.

still don't understand why the bakers are using the registry when it could all just be stored in a txt ini file 🤷‍♂️

/fwiw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allows for multiple users/profiles. Makes it harder for malware to mess with it. Keeps things tidy with hierarchical organization. One database to back up everything. Common programmatical interface with built-in O/S support.

There are a few good reasons for the registry. But yeh, there are times when I wish for a good old ini file.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

XML in user data foldet (been there since Windows 2000?) would be much better.  Structured, human editable and with a DTD/XSD it's validateable easily too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is caused by a bug in the latest Softube plugins with prochannel modules, that is causing a crash on scanning which ends up leading to this issue. It has been reported to the Softube team and they are aware of it. 

I've changed our VstScanner to work around the crash which should at least prevent the issue that you have in the video. However the prochannel module won't be available just the normal VST. If you wish you can download the updated scanner and copy it to the C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities folder.

After you rescan your plugins it should fix this issue. The wrong plugin getting inserted is simply a side effect of the main issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

This is caused by a bug in the latest Softube plugins with prochannel modules, that is causing a crash on scanning which ends up leading to this issue. It has been reported to the Softube team and they are aware of it. 

I've changed our VstScanner to work around the crash which should at least prevent the issue that you have in the video. However the prochannel module won't be available just the normal VST. If you wish you can download the updated scanner and copy it to the C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities folder.

After you rescan your plugins it should fix this issue. The wrong plugin getting inserted is simply a side effect of the main issue.

 

Wow, thank you so much. This fixed the problem!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...