Red Room Audio Palette Series 70% off for 3 Days

Brian Lawler

If you missed or passed on the bundle deal that just ended, I got this in my email today.  I showed the discount without being logged in, so I don't think it is limited to current customers.  You need to bring up the shopping cart to see the coupon entry blank before you go to checkout.    I am still on the fence regarding getting the two parts I don't have.  Will be doing some YT searching I guess.  https://redroomaudio.com/

2021-10-14_12-09-02.thumb.png.9e64b9a2df5c148564e4b21f35b93fc6.png

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

I bought the base module "Sketchpad" on release.  At the time no one on VI forum posted any comments about it, so I suppose it was not up to their standards.  I had little experience with orchestral libraries and probably have a tin ear, but I liked it.  I later added the soloist library (Melodics) which I liked as well.  When I discovered Sonuscore "The Orchestra", I kind of forgot about Palette.  TO is much lighter (I think Palette Sketch+Melodics run about 60 Gigs, but it sure sounds good to me.  Palette does have three mics, which is nice so far as balancing some of the room sound out when desired.  Palette also has the nifty ability to layer multiple articulations (just hold two or more keys).  This let's you "cheat" some "new" sounds by mixing, say, a spiccato with a marcato or tenuto to get a shorter note with a sharper attack.

I will no doubt give in and get the missing parts of the collection.  My excuse being that I don't have any alleoric or runs/arp libraries, and this looks like a good intro for me.   Guy Michelmore did a 30 minute video on Sketchpad.  I have heard good things about the Primary Colors "taster" mentioned by @hsm, so that would be a good place to start.

• Like 3