Jump to content
ramscapri

Orchestral Electrons

Recommended Posts

Reminds me of a  modern "tubular bells"   must be the groove at the beginning.
Strings sounded a little tinny on my Focals...  but I think that was your intention?
I liked it.

Edited by garybrun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I agree.  Tubular Bells sound, but much more interesting with much more detail and instrumentation.  TB gets boring after about the first minute because it's so repetitive.

Like this lots!

😀John B.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Amalgam" seems to fit. Nice buildup at the beginning.  I really like the groove starting ~0:30. Might be too many different instruments IMO. Kind of wish the phrase that begins ~2:35 were developed more - you could make a new song out of that.
I like the song. Well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mannheim Steamrollarian! This is a cool track, nice dynamics with the intro leading us in. Maybe the string lines have a bit much reverb? I dunno. Bass could come up in volume just a hair? Maybe. Probably where you would gain the most bang-for-the-buck improvement is investing in better drums, maybe SD3 would kill on this.

I found your track extremely listenable, and I for one appreciated the different timbres popping up and taking over. Good compositional chops.

 

cheers,

-Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely hearing a repeating theme in the vein of Tubular Bells, I found the strings a little harsh and trill on the Adam's overall though a very listenable track, nice job sir. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2019 at 9:35 PM, garybrun said:

Reminds me of a  modern "tubular bells"   must be the groove at the beginning.
Strings sounded a little tinny on my Focals...  but I think that was your intention?
I liked it.

 

Thanks for listening Gary. Haven't heard Tubular bells. Will check it out for interest. 😃

Well, kept the low end low on the strings to allow for the bass clarity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2019 at 10:19 PM, daryl1968 said:

yes - very cool and I also heard shades of Tubular Bells.  I enjoyed this

Thanks for listening Daryl. Glad you enjoyed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 12:26 AM, Johnbee58 said:

Yes, I agree.  Tubular Bells sound, but much more interesting with much more detail and instrumentation.  TB gets boring after about the first minute because it's so repetitive.

Like this lots!

😀John B.

 

 

Thanks for your generous comments John. Glad you liked the track. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 2:14 AM, bjornpdx said:

"Amalgam" seems to fit. Nice buildup at the beginning.  I really like the groove starting ~0:30. Might be too many different instruments IMO. Kind of wish the phrase that begins ~2:35 were developed more - you could make a new song out of that.
I like the song. Well done.

 

Thanks Bjorn. Glad you liked it. Good thought about the phrase. Will look at that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2019 at 10:25 PM, emeraldsoul said:

Mannheim Steamrollarian! This is a cool track, nice dynamics with the intro leading us in. Maybe the string lines have a bit much reverb? I dunno. Bass could come up in volume just a hair? Maybe. Probably where you would gain the most bang-for-the-buck improvement is investing in better drums, maybe SD3 would kill on this.

I found your track extremely listenable, and I for one appreciated the different timbres popping up and taking over. Good compositional chops.

 

cheers,

-Tom

 

Thanks for your valuable comments Tom. Glad you liked it. Oh yes, the drums could have been better. I do have SD3 but was experimenting with some patches from my MZ-X500. Maybe I should be processing them more to taste. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 7:02 PM, Wookiee said:

Definitely hearing a repeating theme in the vein of Tubular Bells, I found the strings a little harsh and trill on the Adam's overall though a very listenable track, nice job sir. 

 

Thanks for listening and for your comments Wookiee. Will take note of the strings observation. Maybe some softener would help (Smoother maybe ?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2019 at 5:37 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

I enjoyed it - an interesting composition.  Kept me entertained all the way through.

Thanks for posting.

 

Thanks for listening Douglas and glad you enjoyed it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 9:47 PM, Leadfoot said:

Very cool groove on this. I enjoyed the strings were they come in around 1:00. Great job!

 

Thanks Leadfoot. Glad you liked it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...