Another MIDI Tool composer type thing from WA .. Down to $9.90

aidan o driscoll

https://www.waproduction.com/plugins/view/midiq

Sometimes we sit down in the studio and we’re just fresh out of ideas. That’s when we reach for MIDIQ to kickstart concepts for chord sequences, harmonies and bass lines. MIDIQ is an innovative MIDI sequence generator for both studio and live applications, featuring a unique and highly interactive user interface.

REVIEW from 2019 ... PRICE NOW $9.90:

Edited by aidan o driscoll

I'm all for inspiration tools, and lowering the theory bar for entry. I get how not every knows what the I, II, III, etc. chords mean; I'm not sure replacing roman numerals with shapes in different orientations is that much more helpful though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I guess you might get what you pay for. I believe this is W.A. Productions re-release of Re-Compose I2C8 that they acquired.

https://www.re-compose.com/i2c8-chord-generator-software.html

Edit: I just noticed this on the Re-Compose page...

I2C8 has been relaunched as MIDIQ at W.A. Production.
Owners of I2C8 receive a free trade-in for MIDIQ.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

Note to anyone having trouble getting Instachord to do anything: you must select a "strum pattern" before it will make a sound. In its init state, you can bang on the keyboard all day long and get nothing.

Even then, though, it's a solution in search of a problem at my house. My DAW has a very nice built-in arpeggiator.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fleer said:

Here as well. 

InstaScale is such a weird beast. It requires you to learn a whole new way of playing a keyboard. I am not sure who the target audience is. InstaChord is a strumming engine. However there are better, more versatile  and easier to use strumming engines that come with OTS, Indiginus and other virtual guitars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

My DAW has a very nice built-in arpeggiator.

Yep.

And if you include Step Sequencer, it really has two!!

You can get almost anything your looking for with CW's Step Sequencer.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Cakewalk by BANDLAAAAAAABPBPLB!!

Mixcraft does not.

Oh, that one. It never really clicked with me. I prefer a visual graphic arpeggiator where I can see the intervals and other details. I'm sure it is functional, but is too much like "math". :)

On 10/12/2021 at 12:18 PM, Starship Krupa said:

Note to anyone having trouble getting Instachord to do anything: you must select a "strum pattern" before it will make a sound. In its init state, you can bang on the keyboard all day long and get nothing.

Even then, though, it's a solution in search of a problem at my house. My DAW has a very nice built-in arpeggiator.

I don't need any plugin to do that.

• Haha 1