Jump to content
MB77

Kontakt not working correct *FIXED*

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Recently yesterday, I removed my Cakewalk folder into documents. I then removed it back and all of a sudden whenever I try to add a track of Kontakt in cakewalk, it just goes to "MIDI Only" I tried uninstalling cakewalk, relocating Kontakt, updating kontatk, etc. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Edited by MB77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not understanding what you meant, by "removed my Cakewalk folder into documents", or when you said you "removed it back".

Can you please explain the above?  I will try to help you figure out what happened, once I understand exactly what you did, before Kontakt began behaving strangely.

Bob Bone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just started a new project, then clicked on Insert > Soft Synth > Sampler > Kontakt, with the following Insert Soft Synth Options dialog box options, and it worked perfectly, inserting a stereo audio track, a MIDI track, assigned to Kontakt, an instance of Kontakt into the Synth Rack, and opened up the Kontakt user interface - and once I understand what your steps were with the Cakewalk folder, I will try to duplicate your steps and see what happens on my system:

image.png.96a622b871de43f721abd4e0cfe6b448.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, not enough information to know what happened, MB77. If English is not your first language, perhaps a screenshot would help us out.

One thing you could try is a VST reset/rescan. Press P to bring up the Preferences dialog, scroll down to File -> VST Settings. Under Scan Options, click the Reset button, then the Scan button. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

click the Reset button, then the Scan button. 

VST reset is a scan.

It clears the VST inventory in registry then executes a scan.

There is no reason to perform another scan immediately after running reset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think "removed" = "moved"

I'm wondering what cakewalk folder . . .   Definitely need a bit more information here

 

Syphus

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Robert Bone said:

I am not understanding what you meant, by "removed my Cakewalk folder into documents", or when you said you "removed it back".

I relocated a Cakewalk folder in Documents into a different folder, when I opened it again, I tried adding a new track of Kontakt in a new project, and it switched to "Midi Only"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MB77 said:

I relocated a Cakewalk folder in Documents into a different folder, when I opened it again, I tried adding a new track of Kontakt in a new project, and it switched to "Midi Only"

You cannot just relocate folders used by Cakewalk without first going into settings and letting Cakewalk know where to find them.

File - Folder Locations

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=0x201D9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, abacab said:

You cannot just relocate folders used by Cakewalk without first going into settings and letting Cakewalk know where to find them.

File - Folder Locations

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=0x201D9

It is possible using directory junctions.

I find it preferable in most cases to use directory junctions rather than messing with preferences and registry entries.

There are several discussions about how to use directory junctions.

Search the forum for mklink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, scook said:

It is possible using directory junctions.

I find it preferable in most cases to use directory junctions rather than messing with preferences and registry entries.

There are several discussions about how to use directory junctions.

Search the forum for mklink

My point was just that Cakewalk needs to know where the folders are located. You can't JUST move them without breaking things!

Directory junctions work very well, and are often faster to use than adjusting application preferences....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE: I fixed it. I tried to add a new track by clicking "VST3" And "Native Instruments" and it worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, scook said:

VST reset is a scan.

It clears the VST inventory in registry then executes a scan.

There is no reason to perform another scan immediately after running reset.

Learn something new every day! Thanks, Steve.

You've saved me at least five seconds twice a year with that one tip alone. :D

  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2021 at 8:10 PM, MB77 said:

UPDATE: I fixed it. I tried to add a new track by clicking "VST3" And "Native Instruments" and it worked.

Quite happy that you were able to 'fix it', though I do not for the life of me understand the original issue, or the 'fix'.  (I understand you moved a folder, and that things started behaving strangely, for Kontakt, and that you did something with VST3 and Native Instruments, and now things are working again, however that does not make sense to me.  (It doesn't have to make sense to me, as you seem to be happy with how things are once again working, I am just expressing my confusion with the details of the original issue, and the details of whatever fix you applied).

Bob Bone :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...