Exporting midi clip to midifile inserts a blank measure...

binbinhfr

Hi there,

It seems that when exporting a midiclip starting at 1:0:0 to a midifile, cakewalk inserts a blank measure and put the first event at 2:0:0...

176646651_bberrmidifile2.jpg.c806a5edfdfba7bb227992ef48b1c231.jpg

see the screencopy : the first track is the original one I exported.
The second one is the MIDIFILE I imported back into cakewalk… Slided by 1 measure…

I wonder why cakewalk does that ! Looking at the events, it seems that it keep one safe first measure to insert all the program changes, tempo changes, signature events, volume and pan control, etc…

But I desperatly need midifile starting at 1:0:0 to import into my BeatBuddy pedal which is expecting such midifiles...

Any idea how to change this behaviour ?

Could it be a bug ?

Thanks for your help.

CdB : very last version 2021.09 b141 x64

Do you try with a clip that starts at 1:0:0 and has no white space at its beginning ?

By the way, when I drag a clip, it does not export only the clip, but also any other clip on its right...

The story of this problem :

- I need the Take5 special 5/4 drum pattern for my BeatBuddy pedal (a rythm box that needs midifile patterns)

- I opened a midifile I found on the net (take5.mid), containing a drum track an other instruments tracks

- I moved all clips on the right to make room at the beginning of the sequence

- I cut the piece of the drum track I needed and moved it at 1:0:0 (the brown track on the screencopy).

- Then I just selected this small clip and make a export/midifile.  I also tried drag and drop the clip on the desktop, but it seems

Enclosed you can find the orginal midifile and my export.

Please try to extract 8 bars from the drum tracks to a midifile starting at 1:0:0 and tell me how you did it.

Thanks for your help.

Take5.mid Take5exp1.mid

Edited by binbinhfr

In complement : I tried to make a simple rythm from scratch at the mouse, starting at 1:0:0, and I exported it.

This time, when reimporting, the clip starts at 1:0:0...

So I do not understand what is wrong with the other file... Hidden midi messages ?

Edited by binbinhfr

Yeah

• I opened the MIDI file.
  • Cancelled out of the Auto-Send Sysx dialog
  • Opened the Event List view.
  • Picked track 10 from  the Tracks menu in the Event List view
  • Removed everything up to the first note.
  • Split out the first 8 bars in the Track View
  • Applied trimming from the Track View Clips menu.
  • Dragged the clip to  the desktop.

• Thanks 1