Been Missing Rapture

razor7music

Hello

So, I'm searching on my DAW for a sort of glass/wind chime sound and I find a file name with the word glass in it. I open the file location and it's from a backup from a previous DAW.

What do I see in the file path, but Rapture! I guess I didn't reinstall it or something because it's not in Cakewalk.

I went to my Cakewalk account and there is Rapture Sessions with the SN and download link.

I really don't know how I missed it. I'm going to install it tomorrow. Should I just install into the default folder location and then recan my VST folder for it to show up in CW, or is there anything special I need to do at this stage?

Edited by razor7music

1 hour ago, abacab said:

When I search Rapture Session for "glass", the search hits I get are from my Dimension Pro, Rapture "classic", and Cakewalk Sound Center. I don't see any matches from the Rapture Session Factory Library.

Yeah, I had Rapture v 1.23 (I think, not at DAW right now) and Rapture Sessions. I couldn't tell which was in the "glass" search results from the file path.

Update: I downloaded Rapture Sessions and the multi-gigbytes of content and now it and regular Rapture is available in Cakewalk. I had Rapture v 1.22 -- which has a completely different interface. Sessions is more of a lite version, that has a link "upgrade to pro". I believe the regular version of Rapture I picked up from Sonar X2 where it was included--at least that's what my old notes say.

Good tools to have.

One advantage with the Rapture Session browser, is that you can use it to  browse and search for keywords in the preset banks of Rapture classic, as well as Dimension Pro.

I find it's much easier to use this method to find a sound, rather than using the native preset browsers in either of those two  legacy synths. The legacy banks should show up as "user imported" in the Rapture Session banks list.

Of course, you can still open the legacy synth to edit a sound in there if you wish. But browsing or searching presets to audition or just play them is much improved in the new UI. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

One advantage with the Rapture Session browser, is that you can use it to  browse and search for keywords in the preset banks of Rapture classic, as well as Dimension Pro.

Before the RPro/Session browser, I used Windows Explorer to search Rapture and Dim Pro program folders. It was much easier than using the built-in browsers, The RPro/Session browser is an improvement.

• Like 2