Another AmpliTube 5 Update to 5.1.1 [not a deal]

abacab

Dear AmpliTube 5 user,

AmpliTube 5 has been updated to version 5.1.1 for Mac/PC. This new version optimizes various functions and features as well as includes different fixes for issues some users might have experienced.

We recommend all AmpliTube 5 users update for the best experience.

Best regards,

Your IK Multimedia team

Instructions

To get updated on Mac/PC, launch the IK Product Manager, go to Manage My Products, and use the Update button next to AmpliTube 5.

Changes from version 5.1:

Improvements

• Fixed Pitch Shifter rack version split mode that had a wrong behavior. Now it splits the dry and pitched signals between left and right channels.
• Receive channel in MIDI dialog in the preferences window now supports a None option to ignore any incoming MIDI signal from any channel.
• Fixed Brit Silver wrong push-pull behavior.
• Updated all Brian May presets containing the Chorus CE-1 pedal that had a wrong behavior causing the presets to be too processed.
• Fixed X-TIME’s Arctic model that had no delayed signal when BPM mode was active.
• Fixed a possible crash while drag & dropping pedals.
• General reliability improvements.

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, chris.r said:

It's only 2.5GB download so let's not grumble too much, guys.

Last time I updated T Racks it was almost a 2gb dl. Took well over and hour!! Really? 

IK need better servers. Probably getting slammed with the GB dls.

Edited by Grem

9 hours ago, chris.r said:

😂

This is the second time in less than a month I have had to do an  IK Amplitube 5  update / patch fix ...

2.5GB download 2 times   =  5 Gigs according to my math 💡

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

This is the second time in less than a month I have had to do an  IK Amplitube 5  update / patch fix ...

Kenny

At least they're giving us updates and fixing things. I'm sure they're not enjoying this either.  🙂

• Like 3

18 hours ago, chris.r said:

😂

10 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Kenny

4 hours ago, mibby said:

At least they're giving us updates and fixing things. I'm sure they're not enjoying this either.  🙂

So what ! I paid for this product didn't I ? 😉

Whaat now the feelings police are gonna censure my posts if I'm not giving out 2 thumbs up  for the inconvenience IK is putting me through  🤪

The  bottom line is I'm not cool with having to baby sit my computer for the time it takes to down load 5 Gigs worth of patches on my internet plan .

this is why I use the real amps I own for everything I do musically ....

enough said ...

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1

Let’s face it.

Recreating reality in a virtual world is far from perfect as the tech evolves. Updates and improvements are necessary fir the foreseeable future.

I for one am thankful the company puts in the time and effort to continue!

Imagine if your hamburger is not perfect. Do you expect replacements continually? Would be nice, eh?

Now I’m hungry!

...while it’s downloading.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, chris.r said:

Shhhh...! We don't want the IK's download reactivation credit's price to go up. 🙊🙉🙈

Reactivation credits don't apply to Amplitube, or many other IK software products. You can always download them as often, and for as long as you wish!

But any downloads under the "Sounds" tab in Product Manager are subject to expiration. So IK reactivation credits only apply to them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/17/2021 at 9:58 AM, kennywtelejazz said:

So what ! I paid for this product didn't I ? 😉

Seems like you can't win in this game. People complain when you don't update often enough. People complain when you update too often. I guess IKM could implement an incremental patch system so that you do not have to download the whole batch every time. What is probably more onerous is that you have to download the whole of Amp5 even if you only own one or two plugins. 

Whaat now the feelings police are gonna censure my posts if I'm not giving out 2 thumbs up  for the inconvenience IK is putting me through  🤪

You think you are being censured? Then why am I still able to read your post? Rather, I think it is what people call giving a different perspective. It is not really IKM's fault you have a crappy Internet connection.

this is why I use the real amps I own for everything I do musically ....

So why are you downloading the update again?

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Seems like you can't win in this game.

I'm not here to play  "games " After reading your post it is pretty clear to me that you are  the only one in this exchange playing a game . 

People complain when you don't update often enough. People complain when you update too often. I guess IKM could implement an incremental patch system so that you do not have to download the whole batch every time.

I had no idea that you held aspirations of becoming an IK customer service rep . I think you need to learn how to handle criticism directed at the product line  if you want to go there .  Do yourself a favor if you want to go there and  don't forget " the customer is always right "

What is probably more onerous is that you have to download the whole of Amp5 even if you only own one or two plugins. 

Your psychic powers leave quite a bit to be desired because you got it wrong again Cleo . I have the whole Amp 5 series except for 2 . Sach & Dime Bag 

You think you are being censured? Then why am I still able to read your post? Rather, I think it is what people call giving a different perspective.

What do you call you coming after me ? You could have left my post alone and moved on .It was a reflection of how I felt about the situation.

But ! No ! you couldn't help yourself because  you saw an opening in my choice of expression and words  that clearly opened the door for you to throw your little passive aggressive spin directed at me and my words .

You want to go there with me bring you A Game . I don't do Passive Aggressive .

It is not really IKM's fault you have a crappy Internet connection.

Once again Cleo your psychic powers need an adjustment ...

I don't enjoy  wasting my precious time ....2 .5 Gigs original program install , 2.5 Gigs update a few weeks ago , 2.5 Gigs patch fix this week .

So why are you downloading the update again?

As much as I love to play out of my Vintage Amps Amplitube 5 does work out pretty nice  w headphone s at 3 AM while I am trying to keep peace with my neighbors  .

34 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

My first thumbs down! Cool!

Say you like that huh ?  there's more where that came from 🤪

Kenny

32 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

I'm not here to play  "games " After reading your post it is pretty clear to me that you are  the only one in this exchange playing a game . 

I had no idea that you held aspirations of becoming an IK customer service rep . I think you need to learn how to handle criticism directed at the product line  if you want to go there .  Do yourself a favor if you want to go there and  don't forget " the customer is always right "

Your psychic powers leave quite a bit to be desired because you got it wrong again Cleo . I have the whole Amp 5 series except for 2 . Sach & Dime Bag 

What do you call you coming after me ? You could have left my post alone and moved on .It was a reflection of how I felt about the situation.

But ! No ! you couldn't help yourself because  you saw an opening in my choice of expression and words  that clearly opened the door for you to throw your little passive aggressive spin directed at me and my words .

You want to go there with me bring you A Game . I don't do Passive Aggressive .

Once again Cleo your psychic powers need an adjustment ...

I don't enjoy  wasting my precious time ....2 .5 Gigs original program install , 2.5 Gigs update a few weeks ago , 2.5 Gigs patch fix this week .

As much as I love to play out of my Vintage Amps Amplitube 5 does work out pretty nice  w headphone s at 3 AM while I am trying to keep peace with my neighbors  .

Say you like that huh ?  there's more where that came from 🤪

Kenny

Kenny,

I am sorry if I pissed you off. It was not my intent nor was I trying to play games with you. You are right, I should have left well enough alone and not responded to your post at all. Having done so, let me see if I can explain myself a bit. If what I say does not help deescalate the situation, then ignore it and move on. I have no interest in antagonizing you further. I honestly do not get off on such interactions.

The "game" I was referring to was the one of doing updates. It does seem like you cannot please every one; there will always be someone who will be upset with you no matter what you do. I was not trying to be a customer service rep; in fact my comment regarding having to download the whole Amp5 when you only own one or two plugins was meant to be a criticism.  That comment was not directed at you at all. All I was saying was that the install and update process could be more streamlined, and that is something it sounds like you agree with. 

To be honest, getting a thumbs down was kind of a bummer. My response was an attempt to minimize the effect on myself. 

Doug.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 2