cclarry

Roland R-Mix

Posted (edited)
Just now, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Wasn't this also offered inside Sonar back in the day?

Yes, howbeit a scaled down version I believe

Edited by cclarry

Thanks.  I wouldn't mind spending the $5 if it was an easy tool to create drumless tracks.  I'd love to be a less crappy drummer, and I like banging on the e-kit for some light exercise :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Thanks.  I wouldn't mind spending the $5 if it was an easy tool to create drumless tracks.  I'd love to be a less crappy drummer, and I like banging on the e-kit for some light exercise :)

It was written for Windows 95/XP, and who knows if you'd get any support...but $5

Must actually be a boxed product  - can't get it here because they "don't ship" to this location.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Wasn't this also offered inside Sonar back in the day?

Yup. My only regret at not buying X2 as it was removed again when X3 was released.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cclarry said:

It was written for Windows 95/XP, and who knows if you'd get any support...but $5

I said F it and tried but it just ends up in an empty cart with no error.  It also runs on macOS but not M1 just Intel so that would be a fruitless effort but I have enough Windows machines around to mess around with it if they'd let me buy it :P

• Like 1

Right now R-MIX is part of the Roland cloud but it claims to be 32-bit only
https://www.roland.com/us/products/rc_r-mix/

And it doesn't look like you can buy it (only subscribe) (unlike some parts of the Roland cloud) they don't show a lifetime key price.
https://www.rolandcloud.com/memberships

I went with F-Rex as my replacement for the X2 version of R-Mix.  It's not quite as good but pretty close featurewise.

49 minutes ago, cclarry said:

It was written for Windows 95/XP

Now I'm thinking that might be why they dropped it. IIRC you couldn't install X3 on XP.

• Like 1

The Item R-MIX Audio Processing Software was removed from your cart because it is unavailable.

34 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Don't know if it's automatable but
https://products.zplane.de/products/peel/
looks like it does the same thing(s)

Yeah, I did use R-Mix in Sonar X2.  I was glad when Peel was released as it has some similar capabilities - only modern.  Also iZotope RX can do some of the capabilities as well.