Thoughts about Addictive Drums 2

Keni

3 hours ago, John Vere said:

Just to add, I totally agree about AD mixer interface and how it's limiting.  I too have yet to find a Kick or Snare that sounds like what I'm used to in a real kit.  I too bought additional kit pieces only to never use them.  I do use it in 90% of my tracks and just fudge it into something "OK"  For my backing tracks it's perfect as it's simple to use and with the same pre set on all the songs it keeps the live mix in line. 

I also use Session Drummer which I can plunk my own samples into. I sampled my little drum kit and it's freaky to have SD play my kit. It's very real sounding.  I have about 20 snare shots using different sticks and velocity. Too bad I can't layer those but I use the Pad thing for those. 

But it is an option for you as well. I'm sure your neighbor's won't notice random whacks, bashes and crashes in the middle of the day as you sample your kit.   

Hi John...

You can layer the sounds, but it's not for the faint of heart. My senior memory is forgetting the acronym/name (sfz), but that's where the layering must be created/defined via text editing!

Edited by Keni
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keni said:

My senior memory is forgetting the acronym/name (REX?) sfz, but that's where the layering must be created/defined via text editing!

Fixed.

Session Drummer uses an sfz engine like Dimension Pro, Rapture and Studio Instruments.

Dropping samples onto the pads plays just one sample but a pad can play multiple samples when loaded with an sfz file.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, scook said:

Fixed.

Session Drummer uses an sfz engine like Dimension Pro, Rapture and Studio Instruments.

Dropping samples onto the pads plays just one sample but a pad can play multiple samples when loaded with an sfz file.

Thanks scook!