IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

cclarry

6 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Then I'm reading it wrong. Also in my account for Syntronik Deluxe it has all 22 synths to download if want to again.

Syntronik is $199.  Deluxe is $269 if you buy it outright.  But if you already own Syntronik the upgrade is $99

1 hour ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Ok, let's say, totally hypothetical, that I know someone who knows someone that had bought IK products in the past so was already in crossgrade territory, got in the group buy at the $99 level and is getting free products at $99 and below. He is now thinking of getting AT5SE because he already bought AT4 and has enough collections already, including the ones he'll get with the group buy. Is there a better way to do this than simply buy AT5SE and then pick and choose more stuff in the $149 and below range?

As I said, totally hypothetical of course...

The Lurssen Mastering Console is just $10 more than AT5SE and would get me AT5SE and more. Surely worth the extra $10.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

The Lurssen Mastering Console is just $10 more than AT5SE and would get me AT5SE and more. Surely worth the extra $10.

Lurssen is very cool! No regrets! Grab that if you don't already have it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, abacab said:

Hey @Peter - IK Multimediawould it be possible for the IKM site to only list the products that you do not yet own in the promotions list for the available bonus content for the group buy?

I see a long list including many of the products that I already own! Confusing! 🤪

Most of the one's that you own will be greyed out.  If you scroll down the list you'll find that the pointer
won't "point" to the ones that you already own, but some that you own will still be selectable

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Most of the one's that you own will be greyed out.  If you scroll down the list you'll find that the pointer
won't "point" to the ones that you already own, but some that you own will still be selectable

Not so here, sadly... 😢

No pointers either, just a long pulldown menu of available products that meet the qualifying price point, including many that I already own...

Edited by abacab

1 minute ago, abacab said:

Not so here, sadly... 😢

Products that you have not purchased directly will still show as available (at least in my case).
I own TSM3, and many products that I already own show up as available...but many that I purchased
individually do not show up as available.  Personally I wish that there was an option to turn "Owned"
on or off, so that if you wanted another of something you could still get it, as you can in the store

• Great Idea 1

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Products that you have not purchased directly will still show as available (at least in my case).
I own TSM3, and many products that I already own show up as available...but many that I purchased
individually do not show up as available.  Personally I wish that there was an option to turn "Owned"
on or off, so that if you wanted another of something you could still get it, as you can in the store

I have Total Studio 2 MAX, registered on 9-10-2020.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, cclarry said:

[...] Personally I wish that there was an option to turn "Owned"

yes this would be nice.

abacab, I have an alternate thought to please not change the current system to hide things that are "covered" by collections we already own (e.g. various syntronik synths if you own syntronik). I just bought in and if it reaches another few levels I was considering picking up a duplicate of e.g. mixbox (have mixbox upgrade, mixbox is visible) to future-proof. IK's license agreement allows for multiple simultaneous installs but only allows one active running instance. There's a chance down the road I might use a multi-pc setup for plugin compatibility or just desktop/laptop in the future and being able to have extra licenses for everything I put on my daw starter template would be nice to not have to worry about closing things down to stay true to the licenses. I'm happy to have the selection list scroll a bit longer for this :)  

• Like 1

I'm in twice, Cinekinetik looked interesting, I know there was some talk about the full collection not being choosable as an item but being able to pick all four of them up individually, and if more tiers are reached some of the Electromagnetik pianos, for $35 after jampoints seemed like a good idea

Edited by mister_tea

4 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Sorry if this has been covered (I don't have time at the moment to read through 15!  pages) but why is there a Tracks 5 and a Tracks 5 SE? they seem like the same exact thing and are both $149.99?

This confused me too. As I read it, they both include the t-racks shell and the four classic modules. Then they differ in what extra modules they include.

SE includes the de-esser, tape echo, csr room reverb, then emulations of the fairchild 670, 1176, and LA-2A. All that stuff was around in t-racks 4 or even 3 but if you don't already have emulations of those despite being on this board :) they're good tools to have. I'm not sure what state of the art in 1176/la2a's emulations is.

T-Racks 5 "plain" aka "the one without anything else at the end" includes the classic modules plus "the stuff new to -tracks 5" - metering, dyna-mu compressor, master match, and EQual and ONE equalizers (edit: ONE is a mastering processor, with eq and dynamics and transients, not just an EQ. Haven't used any of this stuff)

edit 2: I'm not sure whether this means someone could pick them both up and receive the new-to-tracks5 modules as well as the fairchild/black/white modules for two choices.

Edited by mister_tea
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mister_tea said:

SE includes the de-esser, tape echo, csr room reverb, then emulations of the fairchild 670, 1176, and LA-2A. All that stuff was around in t-racks 4 or even 3 but if you don't already have emulations of those despite being on this board :) they're good tools to have. I'm not sure what state of the art in 1176/la2a's emulations is.

T-Racks 5 "plain" aka "the one without anything else at the end" includes the classic modules plus "the stuff new to -tracks 5" - metering, dyna-mu compressor, master match, and EQual and ONE equalizers (edit: ONE is a mastering processor, with eq and dynamics and transients, not just an EQ. Haven't used any of this stuff)

edit 2: I'm not sure whether this means someone could pick them both up and receive the new-to-tracks5 modules as well as the fairchild/black/white modules for two choices.

Yes, each one would unlock different modules so you would end up with the union of the two.  I had T-RackS 3 Deluxe and then updated with just T-RackS 5, so I got the new modules that were added to T-RackS 5.

If there are enough freebies, I may get 5 SE, though I may be satiated by MixBox.  I’ve made a lot of use of Lurssen, but T-RackS not so much (I’ve collected a lot of PA plugins that cover the same ground).  The T-RackS Black 76 and White 2A in 5 SE are well regarded emulations.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=TRackSMixOnTheMove2021

ARC System 3 - $/€249.99 - Free T-RackS 5 Deluxe
ARC System 3 crossgrade - $/€149.99 - Free T-RackS 5 Deluxe

So, since this promo is still going on, would one be able to double dip--get T-RackS 5 Deluxe *and* get credit for the group buy?

Edit: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ARC3Up--ik-multimedia-arc3-with-mems-microphone-crossgrade-from-any-ik-multimedia-product-worth-99-or-more-boxed

Sure seems that way, looking at the Sweetwater listing.

Edited by ALC
  • Great Idea 2

5 hours ago, ALC said:

So, since this promo is still going on, would one be able to double dip--get T-RackS 5 Deluxe *and* get credit for the group buy?

Edit: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ARC3Up--ik-multimedia-arc3-with-mems-microphone-crossgrade-from-any-ik-multimedia-product-worth-99-or-more-boxed

No,, you will only get credit for the $149.99 spent on ARC 3,
and NOT for T-Racks Deluxe.  In other words, there won't be TWO entries into the GROUP BUY, just one

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

No,, you will only get credit for the $149.99 spent on ARC 3,
and NOT for T-Racks Deluxe.  In other words, there won't be TWO entries into the GROUP BUY, just one

That’s not what I was asking.  By buying ARC with mic, it seems that you’ll get T-RackS Deluxe free in addition to getting in on the group buy.  That’s a way to get TR5 Deluxe without spending $300.

23 minutes ago, ALC said:

That’s not what I was asking.  By buying ARC with mic, it seems that you’ll get T-RackS Deluxe free in addition to getting in on the group buy.  That’s a way to get TR5 Deluxe without spending $300.

Yes...you said "Double Dip" and thought you meant getting 2 products towards the Group Buy...

Just now, antler said:

Is there anything in the group buy that isn't in TSM3? I'm guessing one or two of the newer instruments for SampleTank?

The 4 new Cinekinetic Instruments and the 4 new Electromagnetik Instruments, and SampleTron II.
The Resonator is new, but not includd in the Group Buy

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ALC said:

wow.. thats a pretty decent deal if you need or want the ARC and mic.