Looking for a Noob Tute on MIDI and FX

Josh Sommer

Sorry if this is redundant. I tried searching through the forum for MIDI Fx and I'm just not finding what I am looking for: Right now I am just trying to get that MIDI file loaded into cakewalk and then use this VSTi: Etherealwinds Harp II to actually be the effect on the note, once I have at least that, I can start messing around with the octaves and so forth. But I need to read some tutorials I guess (because I'm not finding the software very intuitive) just to figure out how to change the instruments on one midi file. I feel like I am chasing my tail here, because I have actually watched Youtube and read several tutorials... They just aren't working so I am wondering what step I keep missing...

terriblemelodiesrme.midi

LOL. After I replied in your other post, I saw this one.  Here's one of the tutorials on using Kontakt within Cakewalk.  There maybe be others, too. According to my internet search Etherealwinds Harp II requires a full version of Kontakt, which I assume you have if that's what you are using.

If you already watch some videos from Creative Sauce, maybe it means that his style doesn't resonate with you.  If not, you probably need to find a video tutorial maker that jives with your learning style.  There are all sorts--from rambling, off the cuff/on-the-fly demonstrations, to more polished/produced videos.**

Since you seem to be starting from scratch and have seen some tutorials already, maybe you should look at a few more from different tutorial makers you haven't seen yet and pick the one you can get the most out of.

You mention finding tutorials to read. Perhaps videos don't work for you.  I have had that problem and prefer videos that I can follow along, pause, and do a hands-on exploration myself.

Also, there is a huge Cakewalk Reference Guide if you are into reading docs.

**Addendum: Robert McClellan also has a number of videos that feature Cakewalk.  

Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, User 905133 said:

LOL. After I replied in your other post, I saw this one.  Here's one of the tutorials on using Kontakt within Cakewalk.  There maybe be others, too. According to my internet search Etherealwinds Harp II requires a full version of Kontakt, which I assume you have if that's what you are using.

If you already watch some videos from Creative Sauce, maybe it means that his style doesn't resonate with you.  If not, you probably need to find a video tutorial maker that jives with your learning style.  There are all sorts--from rambling, off the cuff/on-the-fly demonstrations, to more polished/produced videos.**

Since you seem to be starting from scratch and have seen some tutorials already, maybe you should look at a few more from different tutorial makers you haven't seen yet and pick the one you can get the most out of.

You mention finding tutorials to read. Perhaps videos don't work for you.  I have had that problem and prefer videos that I can follow along, pause, and do a hands-on exploration myself.

Also, there is a huge Cakewalk Reference Guide if you are into reading docs.

**Addendum: Robert McClellan also has a number of videos that feature Cakewalk.  

Sweet, i checked out the links and yes, this will absolutely help. Thank you so much.

• Like 1