Sign in to follow this  
RBH

Sonitus MultiBand

Actually - I wasn't sure how to do a fan boy accolade for a particular plug - so this is my attempt. I have a lot of pretty high end plugs. I use Fab filter,  Izotrope, UAD  plus host of others. My plug register count is over 900 and I just want to speak up for what I think is the best multiband plug I've ever used with the Sonitus version. It just works and the interface - though it may look a little dated - gets the job done quicker and with better graphical feedback than anything else I've used. Curious  about other opinions on multi band comps.

I don't generally use multi-band compressors (prefer dynamic equalizers) but I've had good results in the past with the Sonitus plugin. A pretty UI isn't everything. I have FabFilter Pro-MB with its colorful visuals, but the Sonitus multiband is quicker to dial in.

Sure, I get it when people refer to the Sonitus suite's look as "dated", but if it works it works, and a good design is still a good design 20 years later. Nobody turns their nose up at a '59 Les Paul because it looks dated. 

• Great Idea 1

I know your thread is about the Sonitus Multiband, but I just want to elaborate on the idea. I prefer to use the Sonitus Delay on my Drums and Guitars to create a Spread Stereo | Chorus OR Tom Rolls effect. 

Like @bitflipper  said. If it works - well, it works. 

• Like 2

Generaly speaking is the Sonitus suite my go-to-tool in many cases. I think it has an neutral sound, an while the UI is old, it's self explanatory and user friendly.  They are also light on the CPU site. I like them and hope they are here to stay forever with CnB 😉

• Like 1

Better still, it would be nice to see a Sonitus revamp down the road. I understand that even though CW did not write these, they do own the source code.

• Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Better still, it would be nice to see a Sonitus revamp down the road. I understand that even though CW did not write these, they do own the source code.

+1

it would be nice see a facelift to them. 

• Great Idea 1

I really like the Sonitus reverb but it will go all goofy at times especially if you change a setting while playing.  For DX plugins they otherwise work well.

At the very least, the UI's need to be larger, or scalable. I don't use them due to the tiny UI.

I believe there's been some talk of porting them to VST, along with a UI makeover. Would love to see that.

• Like 1

In terms of audio quality, there is no practical difference between DX and VST. I am perfectly happy with DX plugins.

And no, DX is not going away. At least, not as long as the XBox lives on.