Mobius Looper

Is there anyone using the Mobis Looper by Circular Labs with Cakewalk? I really love this one, it's got everything I need for audio looping and I could play around with it forever.

But there's this one problem: I can't save and load my presets and it drives me nuts! Using it as standalone, I can just save a Mobius project and load it with all the presets and Midi bindings ect. But in the plugin it just opens the loops i saved but not the presets and stuff. I have to setup it completely from the start everytime i open cakewalk, the Midi Bindings are just empty and everything is set on default.

I'd really appreciate some help with this issue. I can recommend this plugin to everyone who wants to do live-stuff with cakewalk!

• Like 1

I haven't used Mobius in like a decade; so I am not sure what newer versions look like and I forgot how to use even the old version, but let me ask: Are your plug-ins VST2 or VST3?  If VST3, try the VST2 versions.  This might not be the solution you need, but if I had the issues you described, that's the first thing I'd check.  Hope its that easy of a solution.  If not, maybe some others here have more current experience with Mobius.

UPDATE:  I just looked it up and if its the same Mobius I was thinking of, it looks like same software I used a decade ago on an XP PC, probably with SONAR X1.  (The copyright date on the site says 2011!) If the software itself hasn't been updated since then, you might want to consider newer looping software--unless others here have gotten it to work properly more recently.

Edited by User 905133
(2) to strike out my comments as they are not useful; (1) To add an update

I know it's very old and the user interface isn't exactly pretty but I haven't found a newer one yet that is so comfortable to use once set up properly. I might check out some alternatives if anyone has some good recommendations on freeware loopers. But once this problem with the presets and midi bindings is solved, I don't see any reason to get me any other plugin. I think the mobius is timeless and theres not much more you can ask for when it comes to audi loopers.

I have a number that I use. For the most part I use MSuperlooper by melda productions. 

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSuperLooper

There's also Augustus Loop by Expert Sleepers.

https://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/augustusloop.html

I tend to layer sounds and Ableton Live works well for that although it's not like traditional loopers and you get a lot more, but also pay more. For doing Frippertronics stuff I like Imperial Delay, although it only has 10 seconds of delay. 

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/imperial-delay/

Edited by rsinger

• 8 months later...

I was wondering if anyone had solved this? I have the same issue - I can use looper inside cakewalk and I had a great time with it, but when I close everything and start it up again all my settings are gone.

I tried extracting everything helpful I could from the documentation, which is extensive, but it didn't help. I get the idea that the VST dll does not try and refer to the Preset/Global/Track setups you can enter. I repeated the setup process in the standalone Mobius and it happily restores them when I run that, but the VST steadfastly refuses to recognize them. I tried copying the xml files into the VST's folder, then I tried nuking the VST folder and having Cakewalk find the VST in the main mobius folder, but with no success. The VST just doesn't, I think, look for presets/setups in the same way the standalone does.

I wanted to get it working inside Cakewalk because that's where my VSTs are. My next idea is to try getting the standalone Mobius exe to "hear" what I'm playing in cakewalk, or find another lightweight VST host. I'm fumbling in the dark a bit, this is all pretty new to me.