Drum pattern issue

I tend to build my drums in the PRV, but this applies even if I play them from my controller. At the bottom of the sound file, or lower on the keyboard, there are drum patterns. I have no real use for them, and if I inadvertently drag a note over the part of the PRV where the patterns are, or tap a pattern key on the keyboard, that pattern continues to sound every time I start to play my track, even if I don't "create" any midi information with it. It's massively inconvenient and the only way I've found to stop it is to save my work, close the project and reopen it. Is there an easier way to stop the pattern from playing?

By default, the patterns are setup up to play continuously. To disable looping click the button at bottom right of the pattern transport (the infinity symbol).

Z7oCKks.png

Patterns are loaded with the drum kit in programs supplied with the plug-in. By definition that is what an SD3 program is, a collection of MIDI loops and a drum kit.

Patterns may be unloaded by clicking on the MIDI button and selecting "Unload All Patterns" from the menu or by right-clicking on the pattern buttons A through H and using their context menus.

Alternately, instead of loading a program, click the Drum button below the MIDI button and load a kit.

All of this is covered in the SD3 help. To bring up the help, click on the plug-in UI to bring it into focus, then click the F1 key.

Hmmm, okay, I guess that's a way to solve the immediate problem. I wasn't looking to necessarily unload the patterns, but since I don't really use them much I could, I was wondering why just "touching" them, without actually selecting them, would cause them to continue to play repeatedly, every time I hit play on my track... is that inherent in the plugin, is it supposed to work that way?