Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
tracyoh!

Why is the interface so BIG on my computer?

Question

Posted (edited)

Why is everything so HUGE.

The toolbar, plugins, pro channel, mixer...

620733571_Screenshot(1).png.19061cb13ee3c803fceef8417cd560a8.png

I've used cakewalk before and didn't have this issue.

Everything was scaled to a smaller size, but now it looks to be the opposite.

376277081_Screenshot(2).png.1f40536f5c215e2e4773e34fbe2f5df1.png

(I know Sigmund is a large plugin, but It never took up that much space in the past when I've used it.)

Edited by tracyoh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I find this is a laptop thing. Don't forget to bind all the locations to a hotkey so they're easy and quick to get out the way when not using them. For what it's worth, plugin interfaces are too small on a desktop sometimes and i have to lean in see what something says  🧐

My desktop interface for reference:

253364312_2019-04-0806_47_16-Window.png.18b4d6d529695b4f11ebc2671ee82598.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Please tell us what operating system you are using, what size monitor, and what resolution.

Also whether you have scaling turned on in the OS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Please tell us what operating system you are using, what size monitor, and what resolution.

Also whether you have scaling turned on in the OS.

OS: Windows 10 Pro

Monitor: 15.6"

Resolution: 1366x768

Scaling: 100%

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (6).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 hours ago, ien said:

I find this is a laptop thing. Don't forget to bind all the locations to a hotkey so they're easy and quick to get out the way when not using them. For what it's worth, plugin interfaces are too small on a desktop sometimes and i have to lean in see what something says  🧐

My desktop interface for reference:

253364312_2019-04-0806_47_16-Window.png.18b4d6d529695b4f11ebc2671ee82598.png

I think you're right about it being a computer related issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Unfortunately, the only way to make objects/windows smaller on your monitor/desktop is to reduce your scale setting.  This is a Windows thing and it will, of course, affect all programs.  I have reduced my scale from the default to accommodate Cakewalk, but now have to enlarge the zoom level when using Firefox, for instance.  It would be cool if Windows allowed for different scale settings per program instead of a global setting.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, tecknot said:

...but now have to enlarge the zoom level when using Firefox, for instance.

As a workaround for Firefox specifically you can change the value of layout.css.devPixelsPerPx in about:config.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Is 1366x768 your actual native monitor resolution?  I'd understand if this was a laptop, but this seems awfully low by today's standards. 

If your screen picture doesn't look sharp, this could be your issue - in which case, try increasing the resolution if it'll let you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 4/8/2019 at 9:25 AM, ien said:

As a workaround for Firefox specifically you can change the value of layout.css.devPixelsPerPx in about:config.

Thanks for the tip, ien.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 4/8/2019 at 12:02 PM, tracyoh! said:

Resolution: 1366x768

This does not meet the minimum recommended for CbB of 1280x800

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, scook said:

This does not meet the minimum recommended for CbB of 1280x800

It doesn't meet the minimum?

Isn't 1366x768 a high resolution than 1280x800?

I'm confused. What does that mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Each dimension must be greater than or equal to its minimum. The minimum required height is 800.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×