feature request

No Rave

hi!
 it would be cool to see a feature like this: double-clicking on an audio clip opens that clip in a separate window.

it will be more convenient to work with audio in large projects

or the ability to open in a third-party editor by double-clicking.

it is strange that at least one of these functions has not yet been implemented

4 hours ago, Rico Putra said:

i think doble click on another window is already

when I double-click on a clip, its open properties.

I suggest adding the option : "open clip in a new window"

zzz.png

Edited by No Rave

38 minutes ago, No Rave said:

when I double-click on a clip, its open properties.

I suggest adding the option : "open clip in a new window"

zzz.png

do you mean "loop constraction" menu? Alt+7?

doble click on mouse cant be happen because that key is belongs to Open melodyne editor when clips are insert a melodyne.. i guess

8 hours ago, No Rave said:

it is strange that at least one of these functions has not yet been implemented

You select double-click behaviour in Track View’s Options menu. If you change from Clip Properties to Loop Construction View, CbB will display the clip’s waveform.

RN0CbAS.jpg

• Like 1

The thread subject could be a little more informative.

After all, this part of the forum is dedicated to feature and change requests.

While waiting for this to be implemented, remember it is possible to add 3rd party editors to the Utilities menu. The process supports adding an accelerator key.  The bindings use the initial ALT+U to bring up the Utilities menu and an additional keystroke from the menu item name.

On 28.04.2021 at 20:18, Rico Putra said:

do you mean "loop constraction" menu? Alt+7?

doble click on mouse cant be happen because that key is belongs to Open melodyne editor when clips are insert a melodyne.. i guess

I mean separate editing of the selected audio clip in a separate window (not loop construction menu). this is the basic function of most daw like cubase, studio one, etc ...

below I used a photo editor to represent what it would look like in Cakewalk. 

and you could open different clips in different windows, go back to working with them and quickly switch between windows

the editing menu can be made with tabs. where will be everything you need to edit clips (in the photo I just added a middle mouse button menu)

ZZZ.png

a2.png

Edited by No Rave

On 4/29/2021 at 3:37 AM, scook said:

The thread subject could be a little more informative.

After all, this part of the forum is dedicated to feature and change requests.

While waiting for this to be implemented, remember it is possible to add 3rd party editors to the Utilities menu. The process supports adding an accelerator key.  The bindings use the initial ALT+U to bring up the Utilities menu and an additional keystroke from the menu item name.

done!

25 minutes ago, Kevin Perry said:

Те же инструменты, что и сейчас?

yep, if you mean editing tools.

the proposed function is currently not implemented in Cakewalk

Edited by No Rave

the proposed function allows you to open the necessary clips in separate windows and, for example, return to editing the mix, and then immediately return to the necessary clips in a separate window, and not scroll through many tracks or do any other actions besides switching directly to editing

FWIW - in this scenario I use one of the two workflows:

1.  Use SHIFT + double click to maximise the waveform, then either SHIFT+double click again or CTRL + ALT + Z to minimise.
2.  Open a new screenset and use SHIFT + double click on the other screenset.  I can then switch between screensets quickly using keys 1 through 9.

5 hours ago, msmcleod said:

FWIW - в этом сценарии я использую один из двух рабочих процессов:

1. Используйте SHIFT + двойной щелчок, чтобы развернуть форму сигнала, затем либо SHIFT + двойной щелчок снова, либо CTRL + ALT + Z, чтобы свернуть.
2. Откройте новый набор экранов и используйте SHIFT + двойной щелчок по другому экрану. Затем я могу быстро переключаться между наборами экранов с помощью клавиш с 1 по 9.

too many actions, I already use these tips,

and also hide all tracks except the active one with a key (standard function)

but it is not intuitive and not so convenient

and in this case the entire track is edited, not the selected clip

Edited by No Rave

On 4/29/2021 at 1:37 AM, scook said:

Are there some instructions on how to do this, specifically I would like to be able to open an audio clip in RX8

It has not changed in a very long time.

There is a knowledge base article on the old web site about adding third party editors

I wrote a tool for this purpose to avoid having users directly edit the registry and help eliminate some of the common errors users made following the old kb article. It is part of CbBTools available here. There is a thread about this