Xel Ohh

How to get audio in OBS

I made a video showing How to get ANY DAW audio in OBS Videolink below... I go over how to setup reastream to get the DAW audio out.. Hope this helps if you want to start making videos of your DAW... 😄

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

If you have an audio interface with a loopback feature, you simply add the Loopback to as your Desktop audio input in OBS - This brings your DAW or any app that is playing sound into OBS. The beauty of this feature is you don't need to mess with your ASIO driver set up. I found it a huge PITA to change to WASAPI shared just to make a video. I'd often forget I'd done this which causes problems when just using Cakewalk. Now I never have to change drivers or devices or anything. And I can fire up OBS in 2 seconds and start recording. 

For Narration  I add my Interfaces Input 1/2 as a the Mike channel input.

For the DAW playback you add the Loopback as the desktop audio input to OBS. 

It gives me 2 audio inputs and 2 level controls so I can mix the balance between DAW playback and narration in real time as I record like I see you did in the video. 

I'm not sure,  but I think that FL studio ASIO driver is sort of like the Steinberg or asio4all drivers which can take over your proper drivers functions. If you use it, and then switch back to ASIO,  make sure to double check in Sync and cashing that your interface is the device for sync. I highly recommend getting your hands on a interface with a loopback if you want to do hassle free live streaming or just screen capture and not have to change driver modes to do so. 

Otherwise this seems like a good solution for those who don't have a loopback option. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

@John Vere that a good way to do it if your interface has that feature.. But not everyone has one that does feedback loops.. This is way that no matter what you have It should work one way or another just trying to help where I can.. Thanks for the comment..😄🙏

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Absolutely. Sorry if it seemed I was negative about your video was not intended as you can see from my last paragraph. 
When i got my Motu M4 and saw it had loop back I figured it was something that I would never use. But now I see why this feature has become popular. Lots of folks doing live streaming and stuff. 
My old pos sound blaster had that What you hear option. 
Any how, keep making those videos you do a great job. 

Edited by John Vere

On 4/18/2021 at 3:57 PM, John Vere said:

Absolutely. Sorry if it seemed I was negative about your video was not intended as you can see from my last paragraph. 
When i got my Motu M4 and saw it had loop back I figured it was something that I would never use. But now I see why this feature has become popular. Lots of folks doing live streaming and stuff. 
My old pos sound blaster had that What you hear option. 
Any how, keep making those videos you do a great job. 

I use an RME fireface 800 and it has loopback as well. Tested it and it works a dream. Thanks

• Like 1